bubble coral help…

samrggzy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2021
Messages
88
Reaction score
34
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had a bubble coral in my 32 gallon biocube for a few months now and I need some opinions. I have noticed that almost all of the time the coral does not look fully “inflated” and extended as it should be. It always has its feeding tentacles extended and the “bubbles” are not very large. I will add pictures to show what I mean but im just curious to why it looks like this most of the time. All other bubble corals I see at stores have large puffy polyps and mine never seems to have those. It is not closed up, just doesn’t look like it should. My current parameters are listed below:

temp: 77.7
salinity: 1.023
alkalinity: 8.0
calcium: 445
nitrate: 3
phosphate: 0.00
ph: 8.0

F894F4A6-E5A9-43FB-9341-4E3D382D0521.jpeg 622D4C9D-D758-4915-97E4-B49CC0D692CB.jpeg
 
There are a couple different Bubble coral varieties out there. The one that you most commonly see is the one like the picture we've attached below. It is a different type than the one you have. Your appears to be very healthy. I would not be concerned about it.

Onlinetank.4.120921-1.jpg
 
Nothings going to be happy with 0 phosphates, if that posted number is correct.
Bump that up and maintain constant level, whatever your maintenance regime dictates.
 
I would feed it fish food daily to counter the 0.00 phosphates. Other than that, it seems fine to me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new