Bubble Magus Skimmer Pump Replacement

hit_the_gap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
Last night my skimmer pump quit on me and now i am in need of a replacement pump. I have the Bubble Magus BM 180 (I think). The pump is an ATMAN PH-4000. After searching the internet last night, i am unable to find the exact pump, but the new Bubble Magus Skimmers (like the Curve Series) use BM SP model pumps. Does anyone know if the MB SP4000 is equivalent to the ATMAN PH4000? i am worried that the MB SP4000 wont fit my skimmer housing. i am not very handy at retrofitting and would prefer a plug and play replacement.

i reached out to Bubble Magus, but have yet to hear back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
https://premiumaquatics.com/products/bubble-magus-sp4000-skimmer-pump-replacement-curve-9.html

Thanks!

Jason aguila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm courius if you found a replacemet pump for your BM 180? I also have a bubble Magnus 180ex. it' been great to me for years. I think it' a little loud at times. not always. but I would love to find a direct fit DC pump.

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I, three years later, am curious too. I can say that I’m sitting with a Rock SP4000 in my lap but it doesn’t fit in place of the Atman Ph-4000 in my bubble magus NAC9. It’s too short and doesn’t have threaded fittings on the intake, is a bit short on the intake length, and is a slightly different thread size.

wotis11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I, three years later, am curious too. I can say that I’m sitting with a Rock SP4000 in my lap but it doesn’t fit in place of the Atman Ph-4000 in my bubble magus NAC9. It’s too short and doesn’t have threaded fittings on the intake, is a bit short on the intake length, and is a slightly different thread size.
Did you ever find a replacement pump for your skimmer. I have a BubbleMagus skimmer that has an Atman ph 4000 pump on it. All I need is the needle wheel but I will buy a whole pump if I have to

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever find a replacement pump for your skimmer. I have a BubbleMagus skimmer that has an Atman ph 4000 pump on it. All I need is the needle wheel but I will buy a whole pump if I have to
Still sitting in my garage. Never found something to work. I’d love to hear how you figure out how to plumb a new pump into it if you go that route. Found that the newer rock sp4000 didn’t work though for sure.

wotis11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still sitting in my garage. Never found something to work. I’d love to hear how you figure out how to plumb a new pump into it if you go that route. Found that the newer rock sp4000 didn’t work though for sure.
Yeah I ordered a rock sp4000 also and had to send it back. I just ordered a Jebao dct4000. From what I’ve read that pump will work. I’ll let you know when I receive it and try it out. If that doesn’t work I also read that the same pump that is in the coral box cloud 9 skimmer will work so I have one more option if the Jebao pump doesn’t work

peterpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found a Atman ph 4000 pump in my collection of reef equipment. I don't think it has ever been used. I was researching on what whether it will fit another skimmer body when I came to your post. Not sure if you are interested

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back