Bubble Tip Anemone Won't Eat

bpark32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Water is good. Did a 10% change yesterday. Figured he might just be ****** about that. Will keep an eye on it though. Thanks!

Sent from my Sourcerized GNex using Tapatalk 2

Noliveri22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a rose buble tip anenome and its beautiful im watching him closly and would like to kno if i should kno some specific about this breed

bpark32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a rose buble tip anenome and its beautiful im watching him closly and would like to kno if i should kno some specific about this breed

Mine is really finicky. Like it's bi-polar. Lol. Sometimes it's big n pretty...Sometimes it looks like it's dying. It's fed, with plenty of light and rock on which to climb, but for the past few days it's been small and what appears to be unhappy...

Sent from my Sourcerized GNex using Tapatalk 2.

Noliveri22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is really finicky. Like it's bi-polar. Lol. Sometimes it's big n pretty...Sometimes it looks like it's dying. It's fed, with plenty of light and rock on which to climb, but for the past few days it's been small and what appears to be unhappy...

Sent from my Sourcerized GNex using Tapatalk 2.

mines the same way ohh n btw my black clown hosted it first got kicked out by my tomato clown n the anenome ate the fish lol

Last edited by a moderator:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rose bubble tip anemone in my tank that won't eat. It was very nice colored and healthy. Now it's small and lost some color. It moves around a lot and I can't get it to eat anything. I've tried mysis, krill, silversides, pellets and it won't eat any of it. When I give it the food it grabs on for a second and then lets go. Any suggestions on what to do here?

Any update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost 1 of the 2 that were in there. The one that's left seems to react to food IF I shut the pumps off when I feed. It's very slow moving and after about 15 minutes I just turn the pumps back on because I'll forget. It kind of hangs out in a dark corner. I put a flower pot in there and moved the nem into it and the next day it crawled out and back to another dark corner. I'm wondering if the clowns are bothering it.

Jarettc16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like its not happy. did you change the water flow or lighting run time
sounds like its just in distress, they dont need direct food for them to live assuming you have fish that you feed
i only feed my directly maybe once a week if that, most of the time i let nature run its course in their

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost 1 of the 2 that were in there. The one that's left seems to react to food IF I shut the pumps off when I feed. It's very slow moving and after about 15 minutes I just turn the pumps back on because I'll forget. It kind of hangs out in a dark corner. I put a flower pot in there and moved the nem into it and the next day it crawled out and back to another dark corner. I'm wondering if the clowns are bothering it.
hmmm.. hope it recovers Gabe. still puffy?

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like its not happy. did you change the water flow or lighting run time
sounds like its just in distress, they dont need direct food for them to live assuming you have fish that you feed
i only feed my directly maybe once a week if that, most of the time i let nature run its course in their

No. Haven't done much of anything to the tank lately. I haven't been trying to feed it anymore since it won't take it anyway.

hmmm.. hope it recovers Gabe. still puffy?

Thanks Marvin. I'll try to get a pic of it. One day it looks dead and gaping and the next day it looks fine.

bpark32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guy seems happy lately. Been in same spot for about a week! Glad to finally have the focal addition to the tank I was hoping for!
upasegyt.jpg

Sent from my Sourcerized GNex using Tapatalk 2

bairdimusprime

Bill
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a crystal clear bta at one time. I diced fresh scallops small and soaked them in aqua vitro fuel. It took four months but it regained color and lived for three years until hurricane sandy took my lower level. Good luck

Mbc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTA are crazy. They move around until the find a spot they like but that does not mean it is the most healthy spot for them. Nutrient rich soaked food sounds like a good suggestion.

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish keep stealing the food from mine. I kind of grabs the food and before it can eat it the fish pick it off. I just gave up on trying to feed it. Even if I feed the fish first it appears they'd rather steal it from the nem than eat what's right in front of them.

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it required that you feed your bubble tip anemone?

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got it to eat! Rod's fish eggs did the trick. They actually stuck to the tentacles and the nem ate several before the clowns ran out of food and started stealing.

The color has improved drastically. Very nice rosy red tips, yellow tentacles and green base. Not sure what the turn around is. It was sideways on a rock and I flipped the rock over and was shocked at the color of it. It's right on top of the rock work now soaking up the light. I'm hoping it will start to catch other foods now.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got it to eat! Rod's fish eggs did the trick. They actually stuck to the tentacles and the nem ate several before the clowns ran out of food and started stealing.

The color has improved drastically. Very nice rosy red tips, yellow tentacles and green base. Not sure what the turn around is. It was sideways on a rock and I flipped the rock over and was shocked at the color of it. It's right on top of the rock work now soaking up the light. I'm hoping it will start to catch other foods now.
wOw! congrats Gabe. 1smile1

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back