Bubble tip anenome attached hanging under rock; is this normal?

Jack_10218

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bubble tip anenome today (I know it’s bleached, I couldn’t get a good look at it in the store. any good tips for having to come back besides frequent feedings/good Params) and in a few hours it’s moved to this underhang in my rock, but I’m not sure how to feed it since frozen food floats away from it when I tried feeding it some frozen brine today. Will it move out of that area on its own?

DC9977D7-CA76-41F5-BB9F-E37EB964B7CF.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I got a bubble tip anenome today (I know it’s bleached, I couldn’t get a good look at it in the store. any good tips for having to come back besides frequent feedings/good Params) and in a few hours it’s moved to this underhang in my rock, but I’m not sure how to feed it since frozen food floats away from it when I tried feeding it some frozen brine today. Will it move out of that area on its own?

It moved there likely due to either too much light or too much water flow. Avoid the extremes with bubble tips- Extreme light and flow
Too little and they climb and may end up in power heads

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's normal give it time, it will find where it wants to be.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleaching is a stress event, I would not feed it nothing. That’s a stress event as well.

Feeding is not required. Feeding is for people, light is for nems. How many nems I’ve seen die, jammed with food items.

Just leave him completely alone, if he can recover he will, otherwise he’ll start to come apart, then discard.

OP
OP
J

Jack_10218

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It moved there likely due to either too much light or too much water flow. Avoid the extremes with bubble tips- Extreme light and flow
Too little and they climb and may end up in power heads
Forgot to mention in the post that it’s a biocube 32, so the lights shouldn’t be strong enough to bother it right? As for flow I have a Nero 3 at 25 to 75 percent random flow, and it’s semi in the pathway of the flow.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Forgot to mention in the post that it’s a biocube 32, so the lights shouldn’t be strong enough to bother it right? As for flow I have a Nero 3 at 25 to 75 percent random flow, and it’s semi in the pathway of the flow.
light should not be an issue however Nero may be very strong

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back