Building the Ultimate Water Mixing Station

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ve been building out the Reef Builders Studio for well over a year now and if there’s one project that has felt like it would be the capstone to the endeavor, it’s the water mixing station. When you have a couple tanks floating around the house you don’t need anything fancy to purify tap water […]
Source

Continue reading...

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ve been building out the Reef Builders Studio for well over a year now and if there’s one project that has felt like it would be the capstone to the endeavor, it’s the water mixing station. When you have a couple tanks floating around the house you don’t need anything fancy to purify tap water […]
Source

Continue reading...
I couldn’t help but notice all those bags of Accurasea1 salt mix under the water mixing station. I may have missed it but is that the official salt mix of the Reef Builders studio? I’m using it myself and I’m wondering how you like it.

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jake, great video btw. I was wondering, toward the end you mentioned a pro tip to use a filter sock to filter out any garbage that can be found in salt mix. Have you thought of creating some sort of sock holder at the top of the vat so the "mixing pipe" (pipe from pump to top of vat) can pour water through the sock and back into your holding tank?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 76 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back