Building the Ultimate Water Mixing Station

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2009
Messages
3,867
Reaction score
2,276
Location
Golden CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ve been building out the Reef Builders Studio for well over a year now and if there’s one project that has felt like it would be the capstone to the endeavor, it’s the water mixing station. When you have a couple tanks floating around the house you don’t need anything fancy to purify tap water […]
Source

Continue reading...
 
We’ve been building out the Reef Builders Studio for well over a year now and if there’s one project that has felt like it would be the capstone to the endeavor, it’s the water mixing station. When you have a couple tanks floating around the house you don’t need anything fancy to purify tap water […]
Source

Continue reading...
I couldn’t help but notice all those bags of Accurasea1 salt mix under the water mixing station. I may have missed it but is that the official salt mix of the Reef Builders studio? I’m using it myself and I’m wondering how you like it.
 
Hey Jake, great video btw. I was wondering, toward the end you mentioned a pro tip to use a filter sock to filter out any garbage that can be found in salt mix. Have you thought of creating some sort of sock holder at the top of the vat so the "mixing pipe" (pipe from pump to top of vat) can pour water through the sock and back into your holding tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new