• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bulk Reef Supply (they made things right)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So let’s start off with that I have had no issues with bulk reef supply in the past because nothing ever really came broken. I have spent thousands of dollars and have always received my items in damaged.

For the first time in 5 years of being a customer to @Bulk Reef Supply I’m truly disappointed in there company and how they conduct there customer service. I will not names but this goes from the start of speaking to a reef expert all the way to the customer service manager.

I’ll start with the fact that for the Black Friday deals, I decided to buy a mr aqua 22 gallon tank. I bought it because it was within my budget due to the sale. I ordered it November 23rd and paid for the 3 day shipping. Received the package and the packaging was in great shape however the tank was damaged. Was I disappointed, sure but I called BRS and they told me to send an email with photos and we will get you a new one sent out. The second one comes in and keep in mind now it is already December 3rd and placed the tank carefully into the home and saw the exterior of the packaging was great with no damage. So I waited till Saturday in hopes with time off of work, I could get the tank set up. Well guess what I carefully get the aquarium out of the package and there is giant scratch with two high points in it....

At this point yes I’m disappointed because this is going on for too long. I sent them one email with the photos and one replied on Monday with “Hey there. What is the damage, it is hard to see from the picture. Thank you” not even a so sorry to hear this happened, nothing..... So I sent more photos but at that point I wanted to directly talk to someone at BRS. I called them and there was a long wait time, 20 minutes on the phone and it randomly hangs up on. So I call again a little later and finally speak to one of the reefing experts. I explained the situation to the person and they said ok we will send you out a 3rd tank but after the 3rd attempt if it comes damaged, we will no longer ship anymore out and just send you a refund. I thought that was very odd because why should I suffer to not have a tank but I said ok and I asked can I get some sort of refund or something due to the fact that all this time has been spent to trying to get this tank to begin with. He said I’m not sure but I can talk to a manager. This is where it really takes me over the edge.

The employee comes back after being away for a couple minutes and says, I’m sorry we actually won’t send you a 3rd tank and we will just send you a refund..... how do you go from worse to worser. At that point I immediately wanted to talk to a manager. I explained how I annoyed I was to begin with and said we don’t want to send out more tanks due to ups hub in my area. How can you blame the UPS hub? I said the exterior of the packages weren’t damaged and I said the second tank was scratched maybe it came like that from the manufacture and they went on saying they highly doubt that as it’s bad business for them and the manufacture. Hmmm.... as if companies never make mistakes so let’s just blame it on ups. I then went on explaining that I bought it on Black Friday, will they match me the prices for another tank that may be packaged differently. She said no and instead they would give me the difference of my savings for the originally tank I bought in reward points.... so no tank and no deal to buy another one? So I’m thinking wow. I really missed out on Black Friday? At that point I explained how annoyed I was that the originally employee told me they would send out a third tank, so the manager ended up saying ok... if that’s what you want, we will send you a third tank but keep in mind this is our last attempt and afterwards we will just send you a refund and you can maybe go buy this tank locally....

I was so disappointed that is how they conduct business. I’m in customer service and I would never treat someone like that. I get that the first employee told me that he would have to talk to a manager. But for a manager to tell me you’ll have to buy the tank locally? The reason I’m buying it from them is because I’m a loyal customer and they are one of the only ones that carry this tank.

They make videos talking about doing giveaways and returning people money for their orders as their promotions or whatever it’s called but they wouldn’t try to make it right with people who are receiving damaged goods??? I understand I’m now getting my third tank but I shouldn’t have to ask for it. I paid for one to come in brand new condition and shouldn’t have to potentially go elsewhere if the third tank happened to be damaged.

maybe this will get to someone above the manager so they can see what I went through. I hope no one is treated the way I was as I shouldn’t have even had to spend the amount of time that I did for this issue.

8F885F88-7E6C-45D1-B8D9-9AF9469A3820.jpeg

second tank!
C091D023-5C93-4830-B743-E1D5D29F1513.jpeg
2CA71F8D-8F2B-47C3-ABB7-2E6093553115.jpeg

Last edited:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Denisk,
First off, I'd like to say that I'm truly sorry to hear that you've had two tank issues in a row. Setting up a new tank is probably one of the most exciting things in this hobby and this is not the way anyone wants to start a new build. I can agree that the broken tank and then scratch are reason to be unhappy. Ultimately, we'll make sure that you're made whole.

I'd like to clear up any confusion about the third tank. A third tank was indeed shipped yesterday at no expense to you. This is scheduled to arrive on Thursday, 12/8. Feel free to shoot us a PM if you need the tracking information.

Our rate of damage on these tanks is very low, which is why we normally will suggest a refund (instead of a 4th replacement attempt) if the third tank also arrives in poor condition. Doing the same thing over and over again is not only expansive, but more importantly, frustrating for you as it wastes time and you end up with a bunch of tanks that you have to dispose of. We apologize if the conversations you had with our team lead you to believe that we're not on your side. Given how often these tanks arrive in great condition, I'm confident that this third attempt will be a successful one.

As always, if you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to send us a PM.

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Denisk,
First off, I'd like to say that I'm truly sorry to hear that you've had two tank issues in a row. Setting up a new tank is probably one of the most exciting things in this hobby and this is not the way anyone wants to start a new build. I can agree that the broken tank and then scratch are reason to be unhappy. Ultimately, we'll make sure that you're made whole.

I'd like to clear up any confusion about the third tank. A third tank was indeed shipped yesterday at no expense to you. This is scheduled to arrive on Thursday, 12/8. Feel free to shoot us a PM if you need the tracking information.

Our rate of damage on these tanks is very low, which is why we normally will suggest a refund (instead of a 4th replacement attempt) if the third tank also arrives in poor condition. Doing the same thing over and over again is not only expansive, but more importantly, frustrating for you as it wastes time and you end up with a bunch of tanks that you have to dispose of. We apologize if the conversations you had with our team lead you to believe that we're not on your side. Given how often these tanks arrive in great condition, I'm confident that this third attempt will be a successful one.

As always, if you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to send us a PM.

correct a third tank was to be shipped out at no expense. But after me being told me yes one will be shipped out then have that employee come back to me to say no we won’t and then me requesting to talk to the manager to then ask for another one to be shipped. That’s called giving me a run around of different answers. At the end of the day a company deserves to take care of their customers. Not tell me in advance that if the third one comes damaged we will just refund you. of course you would refund me, that’s not you doing me a favor. But taking care of your customers is saying let’s see if we can try a different tank or asking me what we can do to make it right. Not tell me saying “hey you’ll Just have to find a tank locally”

so tell me what kind of customer service is to be told just get one locally. You guys if anything should want to make things right as your words in the previous message were “setting up a tank is probably one of the most exciting things in this hobby” so to know I pretty much have to find one elsewhere if it comes damaged is of course disappointing.

at the end of the day I also hope that the third tank comes in perfect condition.

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Outside comments have been removed from this thread per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution. If other members would like to contribute their experience with either the buyer or seller, they may do so by posting a link to their own feedback thread (this is the only type of outside comment that is allowed in this feedback thread). If you have any questions, feel free to message me or another staff member. Happy reefing!

Daniel
Team R2R

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
The third tank came in and was perfect shape. They made things right as always and want everyone to know who see this post. Thanks again guys!

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never been let down by BRS.
Keep it up BRS. You guys are the best.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • None.

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.6%
Back