BRS

A;exr54

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Just curious if someone has dealt with this before and how it went?
Ordered a protein skimmer because mine broke and i need one asap.

Was expecting delivery today. UPS tracking showed it as delivered and dropped at front door. Well not my front door.
And i know it was the UPS delivery persons mistake because i also had another package supposed to arrive today from a different vendor.
Both show delivered at front door at the same time. The delivery person obviously was careless and dropped them at someone else's house.

I opened a claim with UPS. BRS is closed so I cant talk to anyone there.
UPS is really useless - how hard can it be to contact the driver, or check where he really dropped them off?
But nope - as per UPS it can take 14 business days for the claim to go through.

I really cant go without a skimmer for that long. My faith in humanity is very low. The possibility of whoever got the packages doing the right thing and dropping them off to the correct address is something I highly doubt will happen. Its been about 6 hours and they haven't yet. People continue to disappoint me.
The totally careless UPS delivery person and the "neighbor" who got the packages.
Will BRS send me another? Or am I completely screwed?

Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
This has happened to me before with UPS and the package showed up a day or two later. Sometimes their computer system is wacked.
I would accept it being a possible computer error if it were only one package or multiple from the same vendor. That's not the case.
My faith in humanity is low. But I still expect people who work jobs like UPS/FEDEX delivery to be diligent. Mistakes happen but why is it so hard to correct them? I literally called UPS 5 minutes after they marked delivered because i was home and they weren't delivered.
Logically they should be able to contact the driver. Tell the driver these packages were dropped at the wrong place. I just cant understand why that is so hard.
Now i need to wait for who knows how long to who knows what outcome.
And to top it off - skimmers are not cheap. And I already see my corals suffering because its been over a week already without one.

Last edited:

DanTheReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
589BFC7F-452E-4E22-9A8D-BE4F7991DADB.gif

I haven’t had one lost but I’ve had two damaged and they took care of it.

Sounds like it’s close by, best bet would probably be to ask neighbors

OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Has happened to me. Walked around and found it at a neighbor several houses away. Luckily I found it before they did or porch pirates
I drove around the block scoping out everyone's front porch. Felt like a creep. I didn't see anything.

AS

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Are you sure it didn't get stolen off your front step. It happens all the time maybe the UPS person your bashing actually did their job. Maybe just exercise a little patience call BRS tomorrow and see what happens

Nutramar Foods
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Are you sure it didn't get stolen off your front step. It happens all the time maybe the UPS person your bashing actually did their job. Maybe just exercise a little patience call BRS tomorrow and see what happens
I have cameras. The job wasn't done.
I get a lot of deliveries. Not once i didn't get alerted that someone was at my door. For years.
I have never had a package stolen. If it was stolen i would i would know.

Amazon takes pictures. Some sort of proof at least. UPS should take a hint.

Antics

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I wouldn’t worry about it. It could be a variety of issues or reasons. I’ve had packages show up a week after they were allegedly delivered.

I’m positive BRS will send you a replacement if it doesn’t show up. Vendors that operate at that volume understand how volatile shipping is and there is a built in metric for shrink or loss that is going to occur. Every year they compare that number to what it would cost to insure every package over a certain value. They’ll probably tell you to wait a couple days to see if it shows up and then deal with sending out another.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I wouldn’t worry about it. It could be a variety of issues or reasons. I’ve had packages show up a week after they were allegedly delivered.

I’m positive BRS will send you a replacement if it doesn’t show up. Vendors that operate at that volume understand how volatile shipping is and there is a built in metric for shrink or loss that is going to occur. Every year they compare that number to what it would cost to insure every package over a certain value. They’ll probably tell you to wait a couple days to see if it shows up and then deal with sending out another.
Thanks.
I am just so frustrated because I've been anxiously waiting for this thing.
On top of that the other delivery is for school supplies and clothing for my kids who start school in one week.

Buy hey - whatever.. People make mistakes. And due to careless mistakes other people need to deal with unneeded consequences.
If I performed my job like that I would be out of a job really quick.

Tamberav

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I think UPS choice is free and it allows you to see where your driver/package is. It doesn't help now I don't think? But might in the future if you see it was delivered but not really since you can see where the truck is.

I wouldn't be mad at the driver... pretty sure delivery people are not being treated well and working long hours. I can't even blame them for mistakes if working such crappy conditions. Plus their job is straight up hazardous.

Durhamreefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
The UPS drivers in my area are -

- Being worked like dogs
- Being harassed by people because their package is late
- Making lots of mistakes while working like dogs
- Ultimately making it right in the end.

BRS has top notch customer support and WILL likely make it right whether it's their fault or not. UPS WILL get it sorted out. Hey, you've got the proof with your videos. Take a deep breath and be patient. You'll find that's the number one asset in reefing.

Nutramar Foods

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Just curious if someone has dealt with this before and how it went?
Ordered a protein skimmer because mine broke and i need one asap.

Was expecting delivery today. UPS tracking showed it as delivered and dropped at front door. Well not my front door.
And i know it was the UPS delivery persons mistake because i also had another package supposed to arrive today from a different vendor.
Both show delivered at front door at the same time. The delivery person obviously was careless and dropped them at someone else's house.

I opened a claim with UPS. BRS is closed so I cant talk to anyone there.
UPS is really useless - how hard can it be to contact the driver, or check where he really dropped them off?
But nope - as per UPS it can take 14 business days for the claim to go through.

I really cant go without a skimmer for that long. My faith in humanity is very low. The possibility of whoever got the packages doing the right thing and dropping them off to the correct address is something I highly doubt will happen. Its been about 6 hours and they haven't yet. People continue to disappoint me.
The totally careless UPS delivery person and the "neighbor" who got the packages.
Will BRS send me another? Or am I completely screwed?

You should call your local UPS facility and ask to speak with a manager of packages marked delivered but not at your house. They can geo locate the time they were marked delivered to see approximately where it was delivered

BRS

How will you use the R2R App?

• IOS Device

Votes: 277 55.6%
  • Android Device

Votes: 165 33.1%
  • Neither, I'll still use the desktop or mobile version I use now!

Votes: 56 11.2%
AF