BulkReefSupply Lost Package

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am mad at companies who run businesses poorly and don't have enough drivers which causes delays and more mistakes. I am mad when I hear about Amazon drivers peeing in bottles or they fired someone because they made a legitimate complaint and that UPS has to scan packages but not deliver them because of some unrealistic quota (dumb and only makes people more frustrated).

More mistakes happen when working short or conditions suck. If a nurse or doctor is more likely to make a mistake because they have way to many patients or outdated equiptment, I don't just say well... just be better. The hospital system itself is what needs to be fixed. Telling people to just work harder or be better will not fix the problem. It is a bandaid.

Also it is just not how I want to live. Rather not be frustrated and upset about (what is to me).. a small issue. I guess I would be upset if it was live fish since they die though. Going through life being upset about individuals around me just isn't for me unless they are actually truly awful individuals. An honest mistake is one thing but the guy who keys your car is just a dick.

I am glad they found his package though. Hopefully it does not take 14 days... that is a long time but probably just a generic number they pass out as I assume they have to contact that other person.. idk.. could be 2 days or 2 months :(
I guess my main point was - the service at nearly EVERY company in the USA is 'being run poorly' - since no one can get help. And - certainly - all of the shippers seem to be having problems.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess my main point was - the service at nearly EVERY company in the USA is 'being run poorly' - since no one can get help. And - certainly - all of the shippers seem to be having problems.

Okay sure... it sucks but the driver probably made an honest mistake as it is likely more of a PITA to deliver to the wrong address for all involved.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No one asked for the driver to stop everything and back track. In logistics that you know so well, is it hard to say well we know he dropped it at the wrong address because we have GPS and see where he marked it as dropped, so we will get that corrected in a day or 2?
Instead of "your claim is open and wait 10 to 14 days for us to figure it out"?
Customers are not "entitled people". That's a bad mindset to have for any professional. And unfortunately there are too many people like that.
Until now I had not realized that they found your package - Congrats - my GUESS (and if you've already answered I apologize) - is you will have a resolution well before 10-14 days. (Hopefully) - Good luck with your tank.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 years city P&D. Most freight companies try their best to get it done. Some not so much. Drivers are only as good as they are trained. We have handhelds that enter the time we come and go from each stop and its watched. If your at a customer for more than 10 minutes you get a call from dispatch.
Delivering to the wrong address is unacceptable, imo. Missing freight on the otherhand happens quite often. Damaged freight is worse. Most is caused from rushing to get things done but thats the freight business.

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We live in a very rural part of N. New Jersey. Yes there still are rural sections, although not many.

There is a big problem here with porch pirates following delivery trucks and stealing the packages off the porches. Because we have a long driveway many times our packages are left either on top of our mail box or at the end of our driveway.

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 years city P&D. Most freight companies try their best to get it done. Some not so much. Drivers are only as good as they are trained. We have handhelds that enter the time we come and go from each stop and its watched. If your at a customer for more than 10 minutes you get a call from dispatch.
Delivering to the wrong address is unacceptable, imo. Missing freight on the otherhand happens quite often. Damaged freight is worse. Most is caused from rushing to get things done but thats the freight business.
Exactly this.

I would not be upset at all if it were delayed. Delays happen. And there are usually good reasons. I order tons of stuff and delays happen frequently. I just wait because at least it’s not lost.

Delivering to the wrong address when the address and name on the package is correct there is no good reason for.
And in this case multiple packages from different vendors.
It being a tough job is not a good reason. There simply isn’t one.

They did confirm it was dropped off to the wrong house. They did not tell me exactly where or exactly how long it would take for me to get it.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Exactly this.

I would not be upset at all if it were delayed. Delays happen. And there are usually good reasons. I order tons of stuff and delays happen frequently. I just wait because at least it’s not lost.

Delivering to the wrong address when the address and name on the package is correct there is no good reason for.

They did confirm it was dropped off to the wrong house. They did not tell me exactly where or exactly how long it would take for me to get it.
Pretend it was toilet paper - which is what they are treating it as. and it is the same, Put it to rest imho. there is no skimmer emergency, Do a water change or measure you parameters - or watch tv, we got your message you're disappointed, all good. Sorry your argument IMHO is reasonable but now over the top. multiple people have said lack of a skimmer should not be an issue. feed less in the meantime - would be one friendly suggestion.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What really is surprising out of this whole deal, with all of the criticism and tank advice. Is no one, out of the thousands of people registered on this board said "Hey, I have an extra skimmer you can borrow til this gets resolved". I will offer, but I live on the other coast...

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not read the entire thread.

I just have to say, these are first world problems. I consistently get delivered packages that were intended for the house around the corner with the same number but different street name. And they get my packages. We respond in a neighborly fashion.

Meanwhile, there are people all over the world drinking mud out of a ditch. Just saying...

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly this.

At this point I would just go buy a skimmer at the LfS and when they get it to you ship it back to BrS.

OP
OP
A;exr54

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not read the entire thread.

I just have to say, these are first world problems. I consistently get delivered packages that were intended for the house around the corner with the same number but different street name. And they get my packages. We respond in a neighborly fashion.

Meanwhile, there are people all over the world drinking mud out of a ditch. Just saying...
Your right. I have a lot to be thankful for. As do all us 1st worlders.
However that does not mean I can’t expect a service which was paid for to be delivered correctly. Just because it’s a 1st world problem does not mean I can’t speak up and complain.

Just curious;
Do 3rd world countries not get any deliveries?
I mean I guess they do. And I suppose the same thing can happen there.
If it did happen there would it be a 1st world problem in a 3rd world country or just a 3rd world problem?

Also it’s really unfortunate but I just saw someone drinking out of a ditch the other day on my way to Walmart. It’s a sad world all around.
But not sure what this has to do with something delivered to a wrong address.
Unless of course if they ordered one of those water purifier straws and it got delivered to the wrong address.

It all boils down to how crappy the system is when packages are mistakenly delivered to the wrong place.
It’s a simple error and it should be a simple solution. Unfortunately it’s not.

Last edited:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back