Burgess butterflyfish

Sheripie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've come across super cute Burgess butterflyfish
But I've heard they eat corals... Anyone has one? How safe is it.. My tank is mostly sps and some zoa

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines not killed anything in my tank. The only thing he did attack was a new chalice coral which was already stressed and had tissue necrosis already which i didnt realise at the store. Corals i have/had being blastos, montis, stylos, duncans, gonis, euphyllia,psammocora and various softies.
However minewill pick at corals randomly and may cause reduce polyp extension to certain corals, mainly just the montis as such, but they dont seem to care and continue to grow. Just keep the butterfly well fed and try to introduce after all coral has been added, so nothing is entering his environment new as such.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine have been well behaved. I have a whole range of corals that they might eat but mine doesn't eat any. Acros, montis, euphyllia, chalices, sun corals, dendros, duncans, leptos, lepastrea, mushrooms, leathers, zoas, blastos, trumpets, acans,
ExYiVh4.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back