Cade Aquarium in the USA

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are actually laser etched in the middle of the thickness of glass.

1583795608728.png

And for the USA models we will be importing, they will much much smaller and lighter (the panel on the left).

1583795752244.png
People probably thinking that I am too anal for being concern about the word "CADE" being laser engraved on the front glass but come on..... would it be too hard for them putting that word on the bottom of either the left or right side of the tank to be more obscured from view rather than put it right smack in the front glass?
This is like putting the word "Toyota" on the driver side door on a car.

By the way, you said that the word is lighter on the USA model but the photo shows that the lighter and smaller word is on a thinner glass, probably for smaller tanks. For bigger tanks, the glass would be thicker and probably have a bigger and darker word.

Last edited:

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
People probably thinking that I am too anal for being concern about the word "CADE" being laser engraved on the front glass but come on..... wouldn't it be too hard for them putting that word on the bottom of either sides more obscure from view rather than put it right smack in the front glass.
This is like putting the word "Toyota" on the driver side door on a car.

By the way, you said that the word is lighter on the USA model but the photo shows that the lighter and smaller word is on a thinner glass, probably for smaller tanks. For bigger tanks, the glass would be thicker and probably have a bigger and darker word.

I completely understand. When you initially posted, I reached out to the designer and factory to confirm that the CADE logo will be lighter and smaller on all USA models we import. They confirmed this and sent me those photos as the example of the different sizes of the logo they do, and we were told to expect smaller and lighter logos on all of the tanks, not just the small tanks. Ill get you estimated dimensions ASAP!

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely understand. When you initially posted, I reached out to the designer and factory to confirm that the CADE logo will be lighter and smaller on all USA models we import. They confirmed this and sent me those photos as the example of the different sizes of the logo they do, and we were told to expect smaller and lighter logos on all of the tanks, not just the small tanks. Ill get you estimated dimensions ASAP!
Since you are a USA distributer, would you able to ask them not to have their word logo engraved onto the front of the glass and do it on the bottom of the left or right side if they must have the logo on the glass?
You have about 3 months before the tanks will be delivered to the USA so they probably have time to make the changes.

i_declare_bankruptcy

out of control
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AlgaeBarn these look incredible! Do you know if their tall tank line (Altumate) will be distributed in the US? And is there any difference other than the dimensions than the Pro Reef line? I love the 31” height!

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@AlgaeBarn these look incredible! Do you know if their tall tank line (Altumate) will be distributed in the US? And is there any difference other than the dimensions than the Pro Reef line? I love the 31” height!

We will likely expand into stocking Altumate tanks, but we want to get our feet under us before we expand into all of their product lines. If you want us to order you an Altumate tank, please let us know and we can special order it for you.

i_declare_bankruptcy

out of control
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will likely expand into stocking Altumate tanks, but we want to get our feet under us before we expand into all of their product lines. If you want us to order you an Altumate tank, please let us know and we can special order it for you.

Would there be any additional charge for special ordering? I'd imagine they're shipped from Australia which would be $$$. I really like the design of these tanks though. Can the overflow position be changed?

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would there be any additional charge for special ordering? I'd imagine they're shipped from Australia which would be $$$. I really like the design of these tanks though. Can the overflow position be changed?

No additional charge for special ordering other models; however, changing the overflow position would be custom and requires a redesign and therefore would be extra.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since you are a USA distributer, would you able to ask them not to have their word logo engraved onto the front of the glass and do it on the bottom of the left or right side if they must have the logo on the glass?
You have about 3 months before the tanks will be delivered to the USA so they probably have time to make the changes.

Let me touch base and see what is possible.

Mirkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These tanks look awesome. I was interested in buying one before I went in another direction.

one thing that appears a little weird to me is the ato reservoir. Its located in the back corner and seems like a pain to fill. you either need room on the side of your tank or lift the water over the tank (doesn’t seem like a great idea).

OP
OP
weezeoh

weezeoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These tanks look awesome. I was interested in buying one before I went in another direction.

one thing that appears a little weird to me is the ato reservoir. Its located in the back corner and seems like a pain to fill. you either need room on the side of your tank or lift the water over the tank (doesn’t seem like a great idea).

ordered mine today 1800 S2 will be a few months till they hit the country but I will give a full report once i get this beast set up

ReefKitty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering, will you be at MACNA this year and if so will you bring one of these with so we can see them in person?

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was wondering, will you be at MACNA this year and if so will you bring one of these with so we can see them in person?
We were not planning on doing many trade shows this year. However, since we took on CADE we were planning on doing some more trade shows, but then with COVID-19, we may decide to slow it down. We will be getting our container in about 2 months, and we can do "virtual tours" if you are interested.

Superyosin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all complete systems with a sump(and depending on the size, refugium). We appreciate the feedback on the website, we are working on the website, it was a bit of a rush job.

The tanks are made using a propreitary ultra-clear low iron glass (OptiClear). Stands are shipped PREBUILT and include a glass sump. The stands are made with annodized aluminum, so they will last a lifetime. Plumbing takes about 5 minutes (no gluing, just unions and bulkheads)

Here are a couple photos:
They are all complete systems with a sump(and depending on the size, refugium). We appreciate the feedback on the website, we are working on the website, it was a bit of a rush job.

The tanks are made using a propreitary ultra-clear low iron glass (OptiClear). Stands are shipped PREBUILT and include a glass sump. The stands are made with annodized aluminum, so they will last a lifetime. Plumbing takes about 5 minutes (no gluing, just unions and bulkheads)

Here are a couple photos:

PR2-1800-B4.jpg

PR2-1800-B6.jpg

PR2-1800-B4.jpg

Whats up guys. Currently contemplating the purchase of a new bigger reef tank. I currently have a Red Sea 625xxl and I’m running out of space. The question is, how does Cade compare to Red Seas new 900 XXl or even the Water box pro reefer 220? I think the Cade would be something Fresh if their finishes are as good or better than the Red Sea tanks. Also I’m looking forward to seeing one of these in person. Gotta check out that glass and the Aluminum stand. Let me know. Yosuan.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whats up guys. Currently contemplating the purchase of a new bigger reef tank. I currently have a Red Sea 625xxl and I’m running out of space. The question is, how does Cade compare to Red Seas new 900 XXl or even the Water box pro reefer 220? I think the Cade would be something Fresh if their finishes are as good or better than the Red Sea tanks. Also I’m looking forward to seeing one of these in person. Gotta check out that glass and the Aluminum stand. Let me know. Yosuan.

The glass is Opticlear, low iron and beautiful glass. The glass doors on the cabinet are beautiful, and the black aluminum stand is killer. The preassembled cabinet is amazing, and I honestly dont think you can go wrong with a CADE. Where are you located?

Superyosin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The glass is Opticlear, low iron and beautiful glass. The glass doors on the cabinet are beautiful, and the black aluminum stand is killer. The preassembled cabinet is amazing, and I honestly dont think you can go wrong with a CADE. Where are you located?
I’m located in South Florida, Broward County.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These set up slook killer. Is it possible to get these in a white stand at all?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at these for a while and find them rather impressive. In the past they had version is white and "champagne" or something.

Are they making the S2 1800 in white and will you be stocking them?
Thanks.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back