Cade aquariums worth the price?

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For those who have Cades, do you feel that they're worth the price? I'm looking at an IM 75 and a Cade S2 900. The IM is 1500 and the Cade is 3500. Is the Cade really worth over 2X the IM?

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Planet Aquariums. My LFS uses them for anything custom. My LFS upgraded every single tank they have with Planet Aquarium tanks. Quality looks good.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it depends on your skill set aNd needs. The plumbing is ideal for somebody like me who does not have a lot of experience with custom work. However at the end of the day the stand with electric panel and the sump made it all worthwhile for me. I have a 180 and it went so well I acquired a 90 lagoon. They are both flawless and I’ve never had a single issue or regret

jayoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on what you value. I bought cade peninsula 1500 sp with a deal from algaebarn that included live rock, sand, bacteria. It came with plumbing and a sump to house a refugium, a skimmer, and three reactors of a single return pump. It also comes with a built in power station and board as well as a mesh cover. It was more expensive than other systems I looked at but it included so many more things that are prebuilt. If you are a DIY person who wants a system a certain way you can probably save money on other systems, but for me it was a complete system that made sense and saved me what I valued most, time.

OP
OP
QuinnLee512

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm no plumber but I know how to fix my sprinkler PVC pipes. :) I could get a Fiji sump, APEX, and the plumbing and still not spend that 2k difference. I guess it then comes down to do I want to spend the time? I guess I'm curious if the build quality is any better than an Innovative Marine 75 EXT? The Cade 900 is a little bigger so there's some of that price difference.

MmeAssoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Cade 900, and think it was worth the price. I have no experience with plumbing, but it was very easy to put together and I love how quiet the overflow is.

I think the built-in ATO and the powerboard in the side door are very useful, and I like the construction of the stand. It's also a really lovely looking tank.

OP
OP
QuinnLee512

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a Cade 900, and think it was worth the price. I have no experience with plumbing, but it was very easy to put together and I love how quiet the overflow is.

I think the built-in ATO and the powerboard in the side door are very useful, and I like the construction of the stand. It's also a really lovely looking tank.
Thanks. I might do a little more research. I'm also wondering if Algaebarn would do a Black Friday or Christmas sale on the Cades. That's the other dilemma that I'm having. I would kick myself if there was a killer deal on Black Friday on whatever I end up getting. Spend the time researching I guess. :)

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cade tanks are nice but comparable to others. What really sets them apart is their stands.

zanthian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cade aquarium and I definitely think they are worth it. The stands are taller for easier viewing, made of glass and aluminum so they won't rust, they have built in sump, power bar, all sides open.

The glass is very clear and the overall design is well thought out.

1634834052225.png

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure cade is based in Australia hence algae barn being the one vendor.

I’m not going with anything like the all in one systems (all in one as in sump, plumbing, etc included) but I can definitely understand the appeal of cade. Their stands are amazing, and there’s excellent build quality. I find myself wanting to emulate the power station when I finally graduate to the leviathan.

that said, personally, if my 120 ends up kicking the bucket, I’d go with a mode 130g. Less money, and the stand isn’t anything close to the cade stands. I just love the footprint of the tank lol

OP
OP
QuinnLee512

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I ended up buying a IM nuvo 75 ext which also has an anodized aluminum stand. Even though I've never plumbed a tank before I'm glad that I didn't go the Cade route. Being able to pick the sump, plumb in whatever I want like a UV, manifold, dual pump returns, etc.. is priceless.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up buying a IM nuvo 75 ext. Even though I've never plumbed a tank before I'm glad that I didn't go the Cade route. Being able to pick the sump, plumb in whatever I want like a UV, manifold, dual pump returns, etc.. is priceless.

i feel that. I’m currently working on a 120g oceanic, with a tote sump. First tank ever (well, reef tank) and I already know what I want to do differently with my next tank LOL

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back