OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at Gator's bid run tonight - they're offering pickup Saturday instead of shipping.

Couple nice alve/goni, tons of fl rics this batch. A black hammer? Gonna bid on some of the smaller stuff, not the hammer, not the extra pricey beautiful gonis. After the move.....

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget to feed your starter :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Just pulled him out of the fridge about an hour ago from hibernating for the weekend since we were out of town.
Go Ahead Yes GIF

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20230205-211710.png
Screenshot_20230205-212351.png
Screenshot_20230205-211852.png

Picking these guys up Saturday.

I'm thinking about upgrading the 4g to a small cube after the move - and in the meantime moving it into this tank so I just have the one to tend/move until then.

My biggest concern is the dang clowns. I need to just sit down and catch them and get them out of here so I can do everything else.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay plans: get home from work this afternoon & test pico vs cube. Parameters and par.

Start seriously trying to catch the fish I'm not planning to take with.

Waiting for place I'm getting my filefish from to tell me when I can come get him.

Tomorrow Skeletor has a spa appt and I'm gonna check my lfs that quarantines to see if they have any cbb

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATS cleared out, pulled some empty plugs, rearranged some stuff in the cube..... Oxydator refilled, new carbon put in sump...

Tried to figure out as many things as possible to postpone testing. I guess its time :rolleyes:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dumb.

Cube:
Mag 1410
Calcium 460
Alk 8.2

Pico:
Mag 1380
Calcium 410
Alk 7.4

Haven't dosed mag in the cube yet, I don't think.... somehow it's elevated. Calcium was dosed 1x but is still sitting a wee bit high. Alk was dosed 2x and is sitting about where I like it.

Pico mag is fine, calcium and alk are both a little low. They were getting awc until recently.

Is that much of an alk jump something to worry about for corals? Mushrooms/minimaxis/zoas specifically?

Should check pars too....

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nope ,1dkh jump in a day is ok , just long as kept stable ,you prob dropped alk & cal in pico gradually over time... ;) :)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope ,1dkh jump in a day is ok , just long as kept stable ,you prob dropped alk & cal in pico gradually over time... ;) :)
Yeah that's my guess. Plus I haven't done the auto water changes the last month.

Now I'm very angry because I hooked up my seneye to check par and it's suddenly telling me that I need a $60 upgrade for that. Because it's not recognizing that I have the one that's able to do that suddenly for some mystery reason....

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh okay got that fixed.

PAR in the big tank is all wonky. I suspected I needed MOAR lamp but hadn't gotten around to testing yet to verify. Time to up the lamp.

@LRT @Lost in the Sauce I'm sad I don't have the image for that handy

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, once par is settled and I see how this St Thomas I impulse added to my filefish order does, I'll start seriously considering moving some of those guys over to cut down on tanks to move

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding this very dark angry (hangry?) Galaxea booger to the pickup list for Saturday. (Edited because phone changed it to galaxies 3x and I missed it the 3rd :rolleyes: )
Screenshot_20230207-233102.png

I bid on it on a whim and didn't think I cared enough to try to bid higher, and someone else won it then I was kinda sad. They had 2 though so he asked if I still wanted one.

Gonna plop it in one of the solitary wall mounts in the tank perhaps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pico tank is 150-250 par range for all the zoas/shrooms/minimaxis.

Cube was sitting at 250 peak..... And 10-25 sand depending on where I checked exactly. Bumped up lighting a little bit. Will continue gradually increasing to get it higher for everyone who does care.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag swap thing Saturday w/ at the very least my previously pictured pickups. Sunday picking up a filefish and st thomas shroom from the local person.

Haven't caught the clowns because I haven't had time to take them anywhere. Might try to catch them Sunday as well, depends on how drained I still am from the day prior.

I refuse to combine tanks until they're gone.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back