Cade Chaos Grimoire

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea how I keep being bumped for your thread. I hope splint works. Amputation is far worse for us than our fur babies. They live in the moment and don't dwell on things.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea how I keep being bumped for your thread. I hope splint works. Amputation is far worse for us than our fur babies. They live in the moment and don't dwell on things.
Still waiting to hear on the surgeon consult.

His last day of pain killers and anti-inflammatories is this coming Sunday.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tattoos healed enough for me to put my right hand in the tank with the extender grabbies and find the two frags that my urchin knocked down.

Hadn't seen my file fish for a few days, found him on my screen lid mummified (baked by the light I presume) :( He must have jumped through the 1.5 in feeding hole and gotten stuck.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fully intended to do tank stuff today before work, but now that I'm awake, I'm certainly not functional. This weather is kicking me right in the sinuses the past couple weeks.

Luckily I have tomorrow off. Time to clean the powerheads & glass.. Probably switch out my aquachar & clearfxpro. Need to clean out the ats and change my roller.

Also have a few things that need to be reglued & a couple things to drop off to the LFS...

Need to test again to make sure calcium & alkalinity are in fact stabilized still.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows skeletor?
He's doing well actually, his last dose of pain killers / antiinflammatories was Sunday morning. He hasn't been licking at his foot excessively (occasionally here and there, but also licking other feet and such so I'm not sure it's pain related) or limping so I think we're good to just wait and see if it heals completely on its own in the next few weeks and just looks funny or if the surgeon wants to amputate the toe. At least he doesn't seem to be in pain so far.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's doing well actually, his last dose of pain killers / antiinflammatories was Sunday morning. He hasn't been licking at his foot excessively (occasionally here and there, but also licking other feet and such so I'm not sure it's pain related) or limping so I think we're good to just wait and see if it heals completely on its own in the next few weeks and just looks funny or if the surgeon wants to amputate the toe. At least he doesn't seem to be in pain so far.
Thats great

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning before work I did manage to harvest the ats & change the roller. Was not a complete lazy person.

Tomorrow everything else.

I also ordered a mini complete tank and once that arrives I will start a thread for it. Not sure what I want to put in a yet..

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning before work I did manage to harvest the ats & change the roller. Was not a complete lazy person.

Tomorrow everything else.

I also ordered a mini complete tank and once that arrives I will start a thread for it. Not sure what I want to put in a yet..
Roxxearl?:D

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yeah true didn't realize it was that small. You trying to break some kind of record? Still think you need a godzilla in the pico
I think you're right, I need to start really looking, I've only poked around a couple times so far - wanted to watch the other shrooms to make sure they were doing well long term first (they are).

And it's 0.37 gallon including sump. I hate myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished all of the random tank stuff I had to do today, proud of myself.

Glued in a bunch of things the urchin knocked loose again :rolleyes:

Ordered two more smaller conchs at Johns (reefcleaners) recommendation to help with sand turnover/cleanliness. My Florida fighter is a lazy bum and only explorers maybe a quarter of the tank? Closer to a fifth.

Dropped off the two larger Solomon frags (If they count as frags when they are 3 to 4 in) with the LFS, the smallest one is staying in my tank for a colleague of mine. Not sure when we will see each other to do the trade-off.

In the meantime, not much has changed.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Friday here's the monster
PXL_20210903_220526476.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back