Cade Chaos Grimoire

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been keeping him/her a secret, but it's been two weeks and they're doing great.

May I introduce my young foxy?

PXL_20211106_002305601.jpg

PXL_20211106_002243688.jpg

PXL_20211106_002306722.jpg
Omg it's ADORABLE.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I like to hear! I was thinking 2 for this tank?

Also: today was the first semi-respectable day probably all year in temp. We opened the windows for a few hours. The tank pH hit 7.9 for the first time in an extremely long time. Between breathing creatures having the audacity to live here & the CO2 from the canisters for the kegs & brewing - we seriously struggle.

Wish it was feasible to draw a line from outside but it's just not placed appropriately. Looking at the brightwell products and considering giving their booster a try, worst case it does nothing and I maintain where I am.
Obviously, I am seriously behind on your build. It sounds like a ph issue? I’m sure you’ve already had all the suggestions, but just in case.. have you tried a co2 scrubber? It wasn’t feasible for us to run a line outside, so that was our only option. Went from 7.6-7.7 to 8.2-8.3.

Just ignore my post if this was already suggested or not the problem. This is what happens when you try to speed read peoples build threads. You make suggestion on things that have nothing to do with what’s actually going on ;Woot

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After your last experience with a foxface, I'm glad you got another!
My opinion is that there may be nothing cuter than a tiny foxface like yours in the entire marine realm! ...unless it was a baby Fiji bicolor foxface in my personal opinion.

P.S. Has anyone heard of successful accounts of captive-breeding foxfaces? I'm curious, because I read in a reference book that rabbitfish can be good candidates for captive breeding, but have also read a lot about foxfaces in specific being difficult to impossible to breed in captivity, likely due to pelagic spawning?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously, I am seriously behind on your build. It sounds like a ph issue? I’m sure you’ve already had all the suggestions, but just in case.. have you tried a co2 scrubber? It wasn’t feasible for us to run a line outside, so that was our only option. Went from 7.6-7.7 to 8.2-8.3.

Just ignore my post if this was already suggested or not the problem. This is what happens when you try to speed read peoples build threads. You make suggestion on things that have nothing to do with what’s actually going on ;Woot
This is something I considered with the old tank, but ultimately didn't have space for. Maybe revisit with this one BUT I realized my pinpoint calibration was messed up and it's not as bad as I thought. Still not 100% where I want it all the time.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion is that there may be nothing cuter than a tiny foxface like yours in the entire marine realm! ...unless it was a baby Fiji bicolor foxface in my personal opinion.

P.S. Has anyone heard of successful accounts of captive-breeding foxfaces? I'm curious, because I read in a reference book that rabbitfish can be good candidates for captive breeding, but have also read a lot about foxfaces in specific being difficult to impossible to breed in captivity, likely due to pelagic spawning?
I'm glad too, didn't want to jinx it since it's so tiny though.

Excellent questions I cannot answer for you lol

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple days of cooler weather and opened up house means pH hitting nearly 8.5 o_O

Need to follow up on that LA credit :rolleyes:

Day off today, might take the noodle to the brewery for the annual noodle reunion.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple days of cooler weather and opened up house means pH hitting nearly 8.5 o_O

Need to follow up on that LA credit :rolleyes:

Day off today, might take the noodle to the brewery for the annual noodle reunion.
Sounds like fun.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Or as a diverse algea eater

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if you guys recall, and I don't have the energy to look up the photos. But this is how these guys look after a couple weeks of the file fish no longer being around to torment them. Such a relief that they're coming back to me.

First I had puffy gray, and now the color is coming back.

PXL_20211107_204944105.jpg
PXL_20211107_204947924.jpg

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back