danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the ring?
IMG_20211025_224333_778.jpg

"To ensure proper development, resistance to disease AF Vege Clip is made up of 7 algae varieties and enriched in phytoplankton, minerals and vitamins to form a complete balanced diet for all types of fish."

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to mix 500 ml of AFR every couple of weeks and I manually dose when I do the ro top up, also manually so it get flushed in with a gallon and half of ro, I have figured out how to dose it now with a double fail safe in place but currently the doser is still brand new in the box, got it 4 or 5 years ago. ;)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used my day off to clean & organize the fish cart, had over half a trash bag of trash/expired materials/stuff I saved because "I might need it later" (and haven't touched it in a year) to discard.

Found my rebiotic within date and decided to start that up again.

Weird question : any one have advice to stop frozen food from getting extra crystallized?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe put it towards the front of the freezer? If you put it way towards the back, it tends to get freezer burn.
It's in the door, can't get any more front than that

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used my day off to clean & organize the fish cart, had over half a trash bag of trash/expired materials/stuff I saved because "I might need it later" (and haven't touched it in a year) to discard.

Weird question : any one have advice to stop frozen food from getting extra crystallized?
I put my frozen food inside a brown paper bag - no more freezer burn :) give it a shot

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put my frozen food inside a brown paper bag - no more freezer burn :) give it a shot
I'll try this
I put my frozen food in a freezer bag and take out the air , no freezer burn
Already doing this. I put the bag they come in with as much air squeezed out into an additional freezer bag. It's happened with every brand of food I've tried. It's not even freezer burn exactly... There's big ice crystals in the bag not even attached to the food itself. Just crystals I have to sift through to get to the food.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Freezer bag and place in water to vacuum seal it or a vacuum sealer.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freezer bag and place in water to vacuum seal it or a vacuum sealer.
Basically already doing that though... Maybe it's just the brands I've been using. Who knows.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on liveaquaria so I can get out of my death credit.

Watching diver's den for *things*

Fish are all doing well, got to see foxy in camo last night sleeping. Precious.

Both acans (yeah I said it, less to type) are coloring back up really well. Such a relief that the file didn't completely kill them. The smaller one took more time to fluff back up but it's there now.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say.... getting my hand tattoo back in August really broke me of the habit of sticking my hands in the water as often & it stuck. Tank really appreciates it.
My torch and Duncan close every time I put my hands in the tank buuuut it hasn’t stopped me lol

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch and Duncan close every time I put my hands in the tank buuuut it hasn’t stopped me lol
I had some that got fiesty. But by giving my hands 2 weeks to fully heal without salt in them I got used to using alternate grabbing methods when possible. The couple times I've had to put my hand in completely since then I've seen attitude from some corals. Didn't really notice it before because I was in the tank all the time. Definitely notice the contrast now

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After your last experience with a foxface, I'm glad you got another!
My opinion is that there may be nothing cuter than a tiny foxface like yours in the entire marine realm! ...unless it was a baby Fiji bicolor foxface in my personal opinion.

P.S. Has anyone heard of successful accounts of captive-breeding foxfaces? I'm curious, because I read in a reference book that rabbitfish can be good candidates for captive breeding, but have also read a lot about foxfaces in specific being difficult to impossible to breed in captivity, likely due to pelagic spawning?

I know they’re working on some of the other rabbitshish. And I believe one species of rabbits is already available as a captive bred option

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
black Friday n Christmas are coming up... ;) enjoy your mini vacation...:)

PS: Santa knows you have been good too...:D
It's rainy today, but I plan on making some brownies & icecream to get me by.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 69 70.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back