OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The beauty of being a goblin/swamphag crossbreed is that you don't need mirrors because you *know* you're going to look terrifying either way ;)
once upon a time film GIF
Midnight Madness Dance GIF by The Chemical Brothers
creeping the sword in the stone GIF

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly enough, nothing really seems to be reacting except for maybe one of the blastos?
Was it a gradual increase? If so, that is why. Just let it come back down slowly and all should be fine.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it a gradual increase? If so, that is why. Just let it come back down slowly and all should be fine.
i'm assuming so, i'm beyond angry with my dosers though - time to replace i think... the april app update completely broke wifi capabilities and I suspect they didn't actually adjust the manual changes I put through on them based on the speed the containers are draining. Any one have recommendations for a 4 header??

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch.

I spent my alk dosing in half when I pulled the stunner out.

It still spiked at 12.5 :astonished-face:

Oddly enough, nothing is really reacting?
Coral especially SPS usually react to something like this week's or months later. Hoping your tank has a positive reaction.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 100% sure that the manual adjustments I did on my dosers did not hold, I measured the alk it dispensed today vs what I told it to dispense and it's still dispensing what it used to be set to. Going into all the settings it shows what I changed it to instead. I assume the app is overriding the manual settings, and I cannot get the app to communicate any longer to make any changes in there.

Pulled the alk/calcium containers and will manually dose those until new machine comes in. Those are the only things I adjusted down since the downfall of my stunner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral especially SPS usually react to something like this week's or months later. Hoping your tank has a positive reaction.
I guess I misspoke a little.... I *thought* I dropped alk dosage about 3 weeks ago when the bacterial infection hit the stunner and I knew it had to be yanked out. It took me quite some time after that to finally actually pull the dead sucker out of there.

It's possible the stress I saw in my cynarina was related to that instead of losing the shade from the stunner, but dropping the lights seemed to alleviate that so I don't believe so.

Luckily, as you can tell, I barely keep sps - only the well stress hardened survive in these parts. I'm mostly lps and softies. I have considered changing that with the revamp of this tank after the move - doing sps/lps mixed - but I'm not sold yet. Most softies will get to hang out in the pony tank instead.

Damage to my montis was from the stunner stinging the bejeezus out of them before it succumbed to death by rotting snail. Them not bouncing back yet, potentially thanks to the alk situation.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Birds here don't care about the squirrels. They are just as bad.
Blue Jay's around here hate about everything.
Haha, around here, the squirrels will pick black walnuts off of the trees and then throw them at you just for being alive.
Sticks, nuts and anything else they can grab
They always raid my peppers!
They cleared my father inlaws peach tree. Picked it clean

I placed slinkys on our bird feesers. Nothing better than wathing them trying to climb the pole with the slinky on it.
Swapping out the return pump on this one today.

NONE of the stunner frags made it, I thought I got far enough away from whatever was happening on the inside, they got dipped, etc etc. No dice. Sorry.

For those who don't see my other 2 threads

Top down on the micro from last week while flow was off for maintenance:
PXL_20220704_225214857.jpg

Front shot of her waking up today:
PXL_20220710_124752671.jpg

And the pico tank
PXL_20220710_124819456.jpg

The pico is maxed, I'm still watching for things to add to the micro - just popped one of my blue yuma boogers in there in fact.
My favorite nano tank.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I don't intend to keep the tangs or replace them after the revamp at the new house.

I do plan on keeping my dusky, fairy dusky, hawks, file, marine betta, foxface. Which means the dusky, marine betta, and foxface will be the biggest fish in the tank.

I'm on the fence with the clown herd.

Trying to decide if I long term want to do more wrasse or if I want to lean more towards fish like anthias (specifically, I'm in love with the blotched anthias).

Throw some other ideas at me. I've got more than a year to think about things.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I don't intend to keep the tangs or replace them after the revamp at the new house.

I do plan on keeping my dusky, fairy dusky, hawks, file, marine betta, foxface. Which means the dusky, marine betta, and foxface will be the biggest fish in the tank.

I'm on the fence with the clown herd.

Trying to decide if I long term want to do more wrasse or if I want to lean more towards fish like anthias (specifically, I'm in love with the blotched anthias).

Throw some other ideas at me. I've got more than a year to think about things.
What's going to be the algea eaters in your tank other than the foxface?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snails, if you don't want fish. Urchin, algae blennies are great. But, can get mean once fully grown.
Can't do much with snails to be honest, they'll keep on the glass but the minute they touch the rocks they become dusky snacks. My urchin will travel over, yes.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bicolor, he's the first fish I bought for the 20 back in the day, he's still an angel but he's not one of the bigger species. He'll be making the move as well.

Actually one of the reasons I've avoided other blennies is so no one bullies him

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back