OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just at Salty Underground the other day picking up snails. They're located in a shopping plaza, but their windows and door are all blacked out so you can't see in and there's no signage for them because for the most part they're closed to the public. You have to knock on their door then someone opens it and hands you a box. It looks so shady to other people walking by lol
Aquarium Depot is near me and very similar. Looks sketchy & like maybe it's a front from the outside.
All of my reefcleaners package came in alive. Totally 100% happy with it. I'm sure you have loads of options though in your going to walk in somewhere.
I 100% will be ordering from reefcleaners. The only LFS near me that sells cuc type critters is super unreliable and the last time I bought snails from them they plucked up 3/5 as empty shells then acted like I was the problem when I checked it and made them give me actual snails.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing it's breakdown time for awhile...

PXL_20221020_195641762.jpg
PXL_20221020_200626595.jpg

Yikes

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved the ATS over to the cube today. Pulled 1 rock I found buried that was a nice purple color and popped that into the cube as well. Discovered my bicolor is still in the cade so I'm systematically moving rocks down to the sump while I determine if he was in that one or not. It's a project.....

I will have to modify the sump on the cube to fit the klir drop in so right now it's sitting aside. Going to be cramped when all is said and done. Trying to decide if the mp40 is going to be overkill in the cube or if I should keep running the maxijet1200 instead.

Oh, and the house has exterior walls now!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the right rock into the sump with the blenny.

Gonna try to bribe him out with food tomorrow, otherwise I'll just pop the whole rock into the new tank until I see him out of it.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent:) Greyhounds are awesome dogs. I had 2 growing up that my dad let me adopt from the race track after races both times. Loved going to dog races cause there was a good chance I'd go home with a pup lol
That's awesome! Today is his 10th birthday

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bicolor was in the suspected rock. Caught him sitting on top of it in the sump of the cade this morning and got him moved to the cube.

Everyone is officially where they're supposed to be.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friend of mine is coming to take the last of the live rock from the cade to put in his wife's classroom saltwater tank. Once that's out I can take everything else apart from the cade and start to drain it.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20221028_120649000.jpg

I need to play with light settings, and check par, etc.

I *wanted* to compare to the RB but I took it down faster than anticipated since the mount arm broke.

Torches are acting like they're in too much light - acan acting like it needs more. Etc.

Was waiting for everything to settle.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were supposed to go out to the property today... Tire in the shop getting patched & oil change. Can't go up in Matt's car because this place closes at 4 so we have to be around to pick up when ready. They said 2ish hours. We're at 1.5 so fingers crossed it's ready soon.

PXL_20221030_142437064.jpg

Yes, that's one of his screws, naturally.

Anyway. Found out my fingertips are riddled with cuts today.

Pulled more snails and hermits out of the cade so I can start draining it soon for storage. Matt's back on the selling it idea and rebuying or buying bigger after the move. I'm torn.

Did some cube maintenance. Moved my oxydator down to the sump during refill so that the dusky has a better/bigger uninterrupted sand patch for evening burial.

It feels so empty. Waiting for it to clear up from me kicking evening around before I run par checks.

Not sure if I can make the mp40 work over here on low or if it'll be overkill.

Anyway, here it is. Mix of old and new rock. All my leathers missing :loudly-crying-face: cloudy cause I was just messing around in there.

PXL_20221030_160515001.jpg

PXL_20221030_160529159.jpg
PXL_20221030_160538125.jpg
almost got the dusky in photo
PXL_20221030_160546350.jpg

PXL_20221030_160555729.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little late, but saw your other post about the tank and storing it. Here is how I always stored my tanks in FL in a storage shed (not temp controlled) when I would reply.

Silicone lubricant and apply it to all of the seams (inside and out)
Put tank on a pallet/box I made from some 2x4s and some super thin plywood, put stand on a pallet I made from some 2x4s, wrap tank with shrink wrap (Saran Wrap works fine if you cannot get shrink wrap),, put shin plywood over frame built around tank, and then place tank and stand where ever. I never stored my tank on the stand, no matter the size. Just in case.

Never had an issue with silicone drying out, and this was when storing it just south of McDill AFB in that barren death hole of heat for 15-18 months at a time lol.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little late, but saw your other post about the tank and storing it. Here is how I always stored my tanks in FL in a storage shed (not temp controlled) when I would reply.

Silicone lubricant and apply it to all of the seams (inside and out)
Put tank on a pallet/box I made from some 2x4s and some super thin plywood, put stand on a pallet I made from some 2x4s, wrap tank with shrink wrap (Saran Wrap works fine if you cannot get shrink wrap),, put shin plywood over frame built around tank, and then place tank and stand where ever. I never stored my tank on the stand, no matter the size. Just in case.

Never had an issue with silicone drying out, and this was when storing it just south of McDill AFB in that barren death hole of heat for 15-18 months at a time lol.
Not too late! Getting ready to drain it this week. Thank you!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see it isn't just me that gets bs "advice" from the general forum and some of our "experts"

yikes

It's getting to the point where I hate posting anything whatsoever

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad to see it isn't just me that gets bs "advice" from the general forum and some of our "experts"

yikes

It's getting to the point where I hate posting anything whatsoever
I don't bother with "experts". If I can't get it from you guys, hell with it.

Glad to see the house is moving along nicely and

Happy 10th bday Skeletor!! I know I am late. Many humble apologies :(

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't bother with "experts". If I can't get it from you guys, hell with it.

Glad to see the house is moving along nicely and

Happy 10th bday Skeletor!! I know I am late. Many humble apologies :(
You've had enough to be dealing with yourself. Missed seeing you around

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking fish recommendations for next year.

What will definitely be swapping back into the cade (pending any losses between now and then):
Dusky Wrasse
4 clowns
2 yellow tail blue damsels
Bicolor blenny
Lantern Basslet
Foxface
Royal Gramma

Possible Marine Betta, haven't decided if he's staying in the cube or not yet.

On the definite no list: all tangs. I have zero plans to upgrade to a larger size tank and they would eventually outgrow it.

Ideas I've been toying with: goatfish, anthias, hawks (mine jumped and crisped when the lid was off for the traps)

Let me know thoughts and ideas, I'd love to start brainstorming and planning in advance. I'm sure some of ya'll will have ideas I didn't previously think of.

Back