Cade Chaos Grimoire

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have those in a tank if I ever had to scape with "fake" rock, great shapes. :)
the method to my madness was hide everything not reefie.
I don't like looking at pumps, returns or chords in a DT.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate filter socks (for the same reasons I refuse to run with a canister filter, they're more work than I want to deal with so I post pone for dangerous amounts of time). My current sump has a 7 inch rectangular sock, so I replaced it with an acrylic box and precut a ton of filter pads to switch out every couple days. Way better. The sump on the likely upgrade is 2 4inch round socks :( Anyone have experience with the roller mats?
wonder if there's an odor from the used portion of the roll.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wonder if there's an odor from the used portion of the roll.
That was exactly one of my concerns, as well as - how much of a pita is changing the entire roll? But.... 95% of users seem to say it's way easier and they'd never go back. I might just get cups so I can continue to cut and put my own filter pads in them - at least initially. Part of me wonders if it's just a "I bought this thing so I refuse to admit there's any downside to it" type of situation, ever the realist over here.

I'm hoping to place the order for the tank in the next couple weeks, and if it holds how it is now ships 4-5 days after order. Not sure how fast the shipping itself is though.

I'll order the new sand at the same time. Already have salt hanging out. Everything else should transfer over. I will need to order the bot mounting system for my lights at least to begin since I'll be losing my canopy. We're considering building a floating canopy to help reduce light pollution into the room, won't be immediate though.

Trying to talk myself through everything to make sure I don't miss or forget something....

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was exactly one of my concerns, as well as - how much of a pita is changing the entire roll? But.... 95% of users seem to say it's way easier and they'd never go back. I might just get cups so I can continue to cut and put my own filter pads in them - at least initially. Part of me wonders if it's just a "I bought this thing so I refuse to admit there's any downside to it" type of situation, ever the realist over here.

I'm hoping to place the order for the tank in the next couple weeks, and if it holds how it is now ships 4-5 days after order. Not sure how fast the shipping itself is though.

I'll order the new sand at the same time. Already have salt hanging out. Everything else should transfer over. I will need to order the bot mounting system for my lights at least to begin since I'll be losing my canopy. We're considering building a floating canopy to help reduce light pollution into the room, won't be immediate though.

Trying to talk myself through everything to make sure I don't miss or forget something....
I'm thinking Monday, if the government money grab refund hits, I'll be ordering lots of new stuff. :cool:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking Monday, if the government money grab refund hits, I'll be ordering lots of new stuff. :cool:
Ours is going to finishing the kitchen remodel and redoing the rest of our floors. I finally paid for allergy testing last summer and my reaction to both species of dust mites was welts on my arm for 3 days (and to roaches, which is fantastic in FL). I don't like that our bedroom is still carpeted.

Tank money is coming from my Q4 bonus & the annual bonus they give SLs for putting up with them for many years.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210219_193432.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, since you all own rat nests as well and I'm trying to get my life together, I spent a good deal of time stalking r2r for sump photos and ideas for cable management and got an amazon list together today for when I get closer to new tank time. I want to have it all ready to go from the start so I have no excuses and can't put it off.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, since you all own rat nests as well and I'm trying to get my life together, I spent a good deal of time stalking r2r for sump photos and ideas for cable management and got an amazon list together today for when I get closer to new tank time. I want to have it all ready to go from the start so I have no excuses and can't put it off.
Take a look at @JoshH his sump is amazing

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Real talk, do your torches not thwack the hammers?

I am planning on my torch arriving this week, and would like to have it near my hammers, but thought they would constantly be barbs a flying
I had to move that hammer a few times now as the Snails keep moving it too close hahah

Each torch has its own lengths and sweepers. I try to leave enough room for the sweepersbon each torch.

I do admit the torch in that picture is just trying with that one tenticle to see how close the hammer really is lol
picture people GIF

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Husband will be taking in an order of 6 common RFAs for me today while I'm at work. I was hoping they'd show last week on Thursday but there was a complication with the shipping schedule so they'll have to hang out in bags for a bit longer but at least it'll be it in the temperature controlled house. This is the last livestock order of any variety that is going into the tank until after the transfer happens.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently looking for some kind of utility cart I can buy to load up with everything that's in the side cabinet. Plan is to roll it into the closet around the corner when not in use. Will probably find a lot of things in the cabinet that I forgot I had and sell off anything of value since the one person I've been trying to get into the hobby over here is a slacker and he's afraid to start up.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently looking for some kind of utility cart I can buy to load up with everything that's in the side cabinet. Plan is to roll it into the closet around the corner when not in use. Will probably find a lot of things in the cabinet that I forgot I had and sell off anything of value since the one person I've been trying to get into the hobby over here is a slacker and he's afraid to start up.
If we can have his email or phone we are pretty good enablers.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Husband will be taking in an order of 6 common RFAs for me today while I'm at work. I was hoping they'd show last week on Thursday but there was a complication with the shipping schedule so they'll have to hang out in bags for a bit longer but at least it'll be it in the temperature controlled house. This is the last livestock order of any variety that is going into the tank until after the transfer happens.
Thats awesome can't wait to see them

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back