OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heard about the dam break,any good news about it today??
Eh, its "controlled" but they're shuffling it all into the Gulf so who knows what kind of impact that's going to have....

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tanks are so amazing love looking at the pics.

I wonder how a controlled spill into thr bay will effect things instead of a giant spill. Hope noting bad happens.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tanks are so amazing love looking at the pics.

I wonder how a controlled spill into thr bay will effect things instead of a giant spill. Hope noting bad happens.
Awh thank you! I'm excited to change it up a tiny bit with the new one once it arrives.

And idk, I'm worried about it but I guess it can't be worse than all the oil we had before right?

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we get billions, yea billions with a "b", of untreated sewage dumped in to Lk. ST Clair every year from Macomb and Oakland counties. overflow from heavy rains so they go "ooops". no fines. no nothing. wonder if that's going to get included in the big infrastructure bill.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to call to confirm, but it looks like the delivery company does residential on weekends so I may still get to do my big transfer this week. Really hoping so, because husband says he doesn't know enough to receive it himself & it'll have to sit all next week to get scheduled for final delivery after my regional visit.

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phone call yesterday says it's supposed to arrive locally tonight. They're putting a note to call me anytime prior to midnight in hopes we can get it scheduled for tomorrow still. It's in Jackson and has been since yesterday evening - hopefully it starts moving soon. *If* this works out, I still won't be able to start the transfer until this weekend. Fingers crossed though

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phone call yesterday says it's supposed to arrive locally tonight. They're putting a note to call me anytime prior to midnight in hopes we can get it scheduled for tomorrow still. It's in Jackson and has been since yesterday evening - hopefully it starts moving soon. *If* this works out, I still won't be able to start the transfer until this weekend. Fingers crossed though
Weekend is a good time for transfer so you can take it at an easy pace cant wait for updates

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weekend is a good time for transfer so you can take it at an easy pace cant wait for updates
Yeah, online reviews said they do residential deliveries on the weekend, phone call said nah. So, as long as they can get it delivered to me tomorrow or early on Friday before I have to work, I have my schedule rearrangement planned to take Saturday off so I can work on it Sat/Sun. I'm picking up the 100g tub from the local reef club tomorrow early evening so if it's here tomorrow it's sitting anyway. I can't get the tub any sooner and the 40g I have won't be enough on its own.

Tomorrow I plan to do another aiptasia sweep, the stuff I used this time seems to have kept everyone I hit knocked out, but I did find a number more literally as soon as I put it away last week. Thinking about starting to fill the 40g with RODI to mix new saltwater because I'll need to make about 25g minimum.

Also, my favorite BBQ place that "temporarily closed" this time last year finally reopened so my #1 priority tomorrow is BBQ.
bbq sauce GIF by Sonny's BBQ

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and to update. I did good, I did NOT buy fish the other day :) - and they're out of stock now so I won't be buying them until after the transfer is completed and good to go.
INCREDIBLE RESTRAINT.
what a disappointment. :p

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ages ago there was a very small weird thing in my tank. It never seemed to move, it was hard like a piece of rock or shell but again, never opened or closed like you'd expect a bivalve to do. Randomly it disappeared, I didn't think of it again until I was doing an aiptasia scan tonight to arrange my battle plans for tomorrow. I saw it! It's easily 4x the size it was back then and 100% some kind of bivalve, it was open. A few inches back from where it originally was, but same general area. This makes #2 of the randomly occurring bivalves in my rock. All the rock on that side of the tank was dry rock - no idea where these things came from but pretty cool too see it again a couple years later and actually be able to identify it. (Kinda)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 46.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back