OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that reminds me.... I need to get my nails done. ;)
Can't beat these though
PXL_20210408_141151933.jpg

Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My shallow water rfas are turning weird colors... I can't get it to pick up on photos, but the edges of one are starting to look like a see through neon greenish tint? I'm interested to see what happens here

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB rep said the freight company gives you a narrow window of when they will deliver so you can make arrangements to ensure you're home. First woman I spoke to with the freight company told me that you get about a 2-hour window and that they won't just show up at a random time during the day.

Just talked to them, my window is 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. tomorrow, with a caveat that it may need to be rescheduled to Monday. They are supposed to give me a one hour heads up, which I feel like probably isn't going to happen. I work 10:00 to 7:00 tomorrow. So this means that I need to first, prep my husband on exactly what to do in case they don't give us the heads up and just show up. And second, leave work (35 min drive) the minute they call if they actually do call, come home unload check the crates, etc and then go right back to work...

chelsea peretti eye roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Project for my lights whenever I take them down to swap tanks
IMG_20210407_225055_785.jpg
Just wait until ramp up and down its gonna be glorious I promise:D

Also be super easy taking light apart. Bulbs are just sitting on tray with 2 tiny little prongs and free floating. Those nails may or may not help your cause here:D
For real though you may even want to number them or take a pic so you don't accidentally bump it and end up with led light bulb puzzle you don't know how to put back together.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they will call.
you will leave work.
they will no show.
Murphy :cool:
Worried about either that or them not calling at all. Fingers crossed they show up closer to the 9am portion of that window!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wait until ramp up and down its gonna be glorious I promise:D

Also be super easy taking light apart. Bulbs are just sitting on tray with 2 tiny little prongs and free floating. Those nails may or may not help your cause here:D
For real though you may even want to number them or take a pic so you don't accidentally bump it and end up with led light bulb puzzle you don't know how to put back together.
Don't forget to read second part i edited in. You will have to cut the seal before you take connector apart and my big fat fingers slipped and knocked all my bulbs around lol.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget to read second part i edited in. You will have to cut the seal before you take connector apart and my big fat fingers slipped and knocked all my bulbs around lol.
I absolutely would have missed that edit, thank you for calling it out!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely would have missed that edit, thank you for calling it out!
No problem its pretty sketchy once you pull the screws out and cover off. I ended up numbering mine. Otherwise I'm not sure how I would have put the puzzle back together. It would have been alot of putting together and taking apart to get it right. If I remember correctly only the yellow bulb is really distinguishable between the others.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scheduled for today. Hasn't even been checked in since it arrived in Tampa a solid 24hrs ago. So I'm 95% sure I'm not getting it today. Which means not doing the transfer until the end of next week, hopefully. Pending it arriving in one piece to begin with. Feeling a bit defeated, this freight company is the worst one I've dealt with yet.

Update: It is now past their delivery window and they still haven't even called me to tell me they weren't going to make it today. It also still has not been thoroughly checked in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Touched base with the guy who wants the Cardinals, he still wants them and is okay with the delay if I wait to pull them when (if??) I do the transfer.

I really want to pull the pistol and am considering trying to set a trap for him instead of waiting.. He tried to take my plate into his burrow overnight :rolleyes:

Last hanging question is the clowns.. I'll probably keep them because I feel responsible to them and like I owe them these tanks and time after they spent 10+ years in that little barren 20 but they're the only other terrorists in my tank and I consider rehoming them regularly. Also, is it weird to have a tank without clowns? Seems almost sacrilege

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Touched base with the guy who wants the Cardinals, he still wants them and is okay with the delay if I wait to pull them when (if??) I do the transfer.

I really want to pull the pistol and am considering trying to set a trap for him instead of waiting.. He tried to take my plate into his burrow overnight :rolleyes:

Last hanging question is the clowns.. I'll probably keep them because I feel responsible to them and like I owe them these tanks and time after they spent 10+ years in that little barren 20 but they're the only other terrorists in my tank and I consider rehoming them regularly. Also, is it weird to have a tank without clowns? Seems almost sacrilege
Im sorry to hear about the S-show with the freight company . That would have me super peeved off.

I rehomed this set of clowns when I took my tank over. I knew that for the first few months, I would have to have my hands in the water making adjustments. They made it impossible. Luckily they went to a buddy of mine with a dedicated tank for them. I regret nothing.
20210409_141334_20210409_222212.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry to hear about the S-show with the freight company . That would have me super peeved off.

I rehomed this set of clowns when I took my tank over. I knew that for the first few months, I would have to have my hands in the water making adjustments. They made it impossible. Luckily they went to a buddy of mine with a dedicated tank for them. I regret nothing.
20210409_141334_20210409_222212.jpg
That's awesome that you can touch base with where they are. Ultimately I'll probably keep the jerks. Idk if you know the history of my tank keeping, but they came in a 20 from a friend of mine who had them over 10 years. The tank was extremely neglected - you couldn't even see in it at the time. It was just the two of them, nothing else but rock. They're definitely stunted in size, and though they're jerks I feel like I owe it to them I guess.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome that you can touch base with where they are. Ultimately I'll probably keep the jerks. Idk if you know the history of my tank keeping, but they came in a 20 from a friend of mine who had them over 10 years. The tank was extremely neglected - you couldn't even see in it at the time. It was just the two of them, nothing else but rock. They're definitely stunted in size, and though they're jerks I feel like I owe it to them I guess.
I do get it. And for sure it's a personal decision. Mine was base kind of on the theory that they aren't the clowns I wanted but they're the clowns that I had. They ARE the clowns someone else wanted and didn't have. They are still well taken care of (which was my responsibility to ensure) I just didn't need to be the one taking the care. In practice I may have abdicated my responsibility to someone else that loves them, and I'm fine with that.

My arms are covered in tattoos and every time a tattoo would touch the water both clowns would just light them up. I considered how they would like hosting a blender for a while..(joking)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe the extra space will help them settle, neither of my pairs ever bother me when I have my hand in the tank.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do get it. And for sure it's a personal decision. Mine was base kind of on the theory that they aren't the clowns I wanted but they're the clowns that I had. They ARE the clowns someone else wanted and didn't have. They are still well taken care of (which was my responsibility to ensure) I just didn't need to be the one taking the care. In practice I may have abdicated my responsibility to someone else that loves them, and I'm fine with that.

My arms are covered in tattoos and every time a tattoo would touch the water both clowns would just light them up. I considered how they would like hosting a blender for a while..(joking)
I got ya, see I just don't really want any clowns lol. Mine aren't *that* bad though. My arms & hands are also covered in tattoos and they leave them alone, they've definitely calmed down since I moved them from the 20 to the 90, but they're still ridiculous and mean when they're nesting.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back