OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I wish I could be doing this tomorrow, it's probably good I have to wait until Wednesday. Right now my head is pounding and I'm fairly certain someone moved in to my skull with an ice pick to try to remove my right eye. I've had vertigo on and off all day and no amount of pills seems to shake either. Only solution is probably to burn all remaining jasmine plants in the vicinity. Anyone have a magic cure for sinus migraines?
flamethrower GIF

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been up since 5am because I can hear my pistol shrimp clicking from the living room all morning long. I cannot wait to be rid of this noisy monster. He is truly a menace.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I wish I could be doing this tomorrow, it's probably good I have to wait until Wednesday. Right now my head is pounding and I'm fairly certain someone moved in to my skull with an ice pick to try to remove my right eye. I've had vertigo on and off all day and no amount of pills seems to shake either. Only solution is probably to burn all remaining jasmine plants in the vicinity. Anyone have a magic cure for sinus migraines?
flamethrower GIF
Thai food extra spicy works for me.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting for Skeletor to relocate from the living room to my office or the bedroom so we can move the couch and roll up the rug and set up the tubs for tomorrow so I can mixing water in one and start filling the other first thing tomorrow morning. He's not interested.

PXL_20210414_000935633.jpg

2 of my 3 weekend orders arrive tomorrow, the 3rd comes Thursday.

I plan to start tomorrow by collecting all the cuc from the glass and putting them into a specimen cup. Then I figured I'd do another alk check on existing water vs freshly mixed water. Then start draining some existing water into the empty tub and start pulling any rocks with corals on them for that one. Going to try to put the barren rocks in the other tub in case temp/etc is off.

Figured once I have the rock & corals out I'll start catching fish. Wondering if I should put them in the tubs or in the 5g buckets I have for water changes on the pico?

Once fish are out I'll pull the rest of the water and leave the sand. Then it's removing the existing tank/stand and setting the new ones up.

Any problem with rinsing new sand tonight to get it ready? Wondering if that would help or not...

Anything you guys see in that to call out or advise against?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting for Skeletor to relocate from the living room to my office or the bedroom so we can move the couch and roll up the rug and set up the tubs for tomorrow so I can mixing water in one and start filling the other first thing tomorrow morning. He's not interested.

PXL_20210414_000935633.jpg

2 of my 3 weekend orders arrive tomorrow, the 3rd comes Thursday.

I plan to start tomorrow by collecting all the cuc from the glass and putting them into a specimen cup. Then I figured I'd do another alk check on existing water vs freshly mixed water. Then start draining some existing water into the empty tub and start pulling any rocks with corals on them for that one. Going to try to put the barren rocks in the other tub in case temp/etc is off.

Figured once I have the rock & corals out I'll start catching fish. Wondering if I should put them in the tubs or in the 5g buckets I have for water changes on the pico?

Once fish are out I'll pull the rest of the water and leave the sand. Then it's removing the existing tank/stand and setting the new ones up.

Any problem with rinsing new sand tonight to get it ready? Wondering if that would help or not...

Anything you guys see in that to call out or advise against?
Rinse away. Not gonna hurt anything to start the sand tonight.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's not pleased
PXL_20210414_010743914.jpg
Dog treat solves all dog problems.

I take nuddgies (brand of treats the looks like mini steaks), throw them in a pan and act like I am cooking them. My dogs go crazy, as they think they are getting stove people food. Works like a charm after a vet visit, a bath or anything else.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dog treat solves all dog problems.

I take nuddgies (brand of treats the looks like mini steaks), throw them in a pan and act like I am cooking them. My dogs go crazy, as they think they are getting stove people food. Works like a charm after a vet visit, a bath or anything else.
This guy goes ape for his oravet dental chews - they're 100% his favorite things.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been up since 5am because I can hear my pistol shrimp clicking from the living room all morning long. I cannot wait to be rid of this noisy monster. He is truly a menace.
Haha. I'm sorry but that's funny right there.

When I got my tank, it had a pistol scrymp in there. The very first morning (while the inverts were still bagged up, hadnt been introduced yet, the pistol started going off.

As a wartime Marine, I could not get that freaking shrimp out of my house fast enough. Just it's existence had me on edge constantly.
Don't get me wrong, they are cool, but NOT cool to this guy.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. I'm sorry but that's funny right there.

When I got my tank, it had a pistol scrymp in there. The very first morning (while the inverts were still bagged up, hadnt been introduced yet, the pistol started going off.

As a wartime Marine, I could not get that freaking shrimp out of my house fast enough. Just it's existence had me on edge constantly.
Don't get me wrong, they are cool, but NOT cool to this guy.
At least you have a valid reason to need him OUT, I'm just a light sleeper - especially when my allergies are flaring up. I can't imagine.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time I'm hiring someone to do this for me. Hopefully there's not a next time....

My poor back.

I'm genuinely surprised I didn't actually fall off the step ladder. I missed the bottom steps so many times.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is set back up nicely. Water is cloudy despite so much rinsing. No photos tonight.

Tomorrow will be rearranging rock and making the sump & wiring look good.

Fish and corals are all back in the display and/or sump.

Bed soon, I hurt all over.

It's not *that* much bigger of a tank but man it feels huge in comparison. It looks like I have no rock.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back