OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's over! I have officially survived the holiday season in retail. Physical Inventory coming up in January then it's back to business as usual until around Oct when the cycle begins again.

My reward upon arrival home this afternoon:

PXL_20201224_205750088.jpg

(look at all that fooooodddd)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's over! I have officially survived the holiday season in retail. Physical Inventory coming up in January then it's back to business as usual until around Oct when the cycle begins again.

My reward upon arrival home this afternoon:

PXL_20201224_205750088.jpg

(look at all that fooooodddd)
YEAH.!!! and about 8 of us have your address;) :p ;Woot;Woot;WootMERRY CHRISTMAS..:)

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you do in retail?

Everyone, EVERYONE, should have to do some time in food service or retail.

I worked at a bbq joint during my college years, I was a "Carver" so the guy who sliced your brisket or made your basic sandwiches.

During lunch or dinner rush I served a constant line of people for 2-4 hours. Gives you perspective haha.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you do in retail?

Everyone, EVERYONE, should have to do some time in food service or retail.

I worked at a bbq joint during my college years, I was a "Carver" so the guy who sliced your brisket or made your basic sandwiches.

During lunch or dinner rush I served a constant line of people for 2-4 hours. Gives you perspective haha.
I 100% agree!

I started my working career in food service (fast food to be specific) eventually worked as a server in Ybor in college, made BANK in season but ultimately left for more stable income since off season I would often get one table a week :rolleyes:

I have been with PetSmart for the last 13 years, a store manager for the last 5 (??? I think, it blurs together at this point).

Retail is exhausting, but I honestly don't think I could do desk work like my husband. I think I'd get bored lol

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the record: pet people are crazier than you'd expect. For some reason they think basic retail rules go out the window when it comes to pet stores.

The favorite go to when they don't get their way: "well I guess you just want my dog to die then" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Please, if you're that person, read this and stop being that person.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the record: pet people are crazier than you'd expect. For some reason they think basic retail rules go out the window when it comes to pet stores.

The favorite go to when they don't get their way: "well I guess you just want my dog to die then" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I understand. Some treat thier pets better than thier kids.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get my reef crystals from pet smart. Your website has it $30+ lower than your on the self price. I love it :)

I wish petsmart/petco would carry any decent brands but unfortunately it's all pretty much garbage (in the fish section).
Oh yeah, the only things I buy from work are dog-related or crickets lol

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand. Some treat thier pets better than thier kids.
Somehow that seems to translate to some version of *treat the humans worse* idk, it's weird.

I have to say, this is the first year that our dog toy aisle has been completely wiped out the way that it is. Makes me feel like the pandemic may have brought out a little bit more good in people in terms of how they treat their pets. 13 years, and this is the first year that it looks like we're going out of business because of how busy we've been for Christmas.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somehow that seems to translate to some version of *treat the humans worse* idk, it's weird.

I have to say, this is the first year that our dog toy aisle has been completely wiped out the way that it is. Makes me feel like the pandemic may have brought out a little bit more good in people in terms of how they treat their pets. 13 years, and this is the first year that it looks like we're going out of business because of how busy we've been for Christmas.
No toys for the puppies. They just got new toys a couple of weeks ago. Don't worry they will be spoiled tomorrow.
Frozen berries. They love them. Maybe an egg.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No toys for the puppies. They just got new toys a couple of weeks ago. Don't worry they will be spoiled tomorrow.
Frozen berries. They love them. Maybe an egg.
Skeletor got an egg, they're his fav. Merry Christmas!

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I totally get this! Try being a Vet Tech and have to explain the charges for life saving procedures. In a perfect world, these things wouldn't cost what they do. But this isn't a perfect world; medications, staff support, supplies, etc., cost money. So no, I don't want your pet to die, but saving them costs money

Ok, enough of my depressing rant. Sorry! Lol

Merry Christmas!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank seems fairly happy today, they got some oyster feast mixed into their breakfast. Of course, there IS a marine betta in there, he's just a pro at hiding when I take photos.

Moved a tiny coral from the little tank to this one and it's much fluffier here (pico too bright I think).

All armor of god zoas are still in protest, no idea what that's about. All other zoas are just fine.

Found something mysterious growing(?) in the big tank that I need to poke later.
PXL_20201225_152803250.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried again to get the dosers reconnected with the new internet, no luck :( Can't even actually get them *reset* because unplugging for days on end doesn't actually do anything. I pulled both from the app in hopes it would forget them and start fresh, nothing. Just had them 48hrs unplugged, plugged them back in and they kept time. What.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back