Cade Chaos Grimoire

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come snorkel in the Keys next summer. My wife and I go 3 to 5 times a year. Drive down and do a snorkel at Blackfin Resort (they have a cool island 100 yards from their tiny beach). Snorkel the next 2 days. Drive home on day 4 and get any collected animals settled into a holding tank. There are lots of good spots to snorkel and collect that are beach access (no boat required).

If you haven't looked at this thread yet, there's a lot of good info:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/snorkeling-collecting-discussion-group.412414/

And you can always ask me questions!
Another good spot is right past upper matecumbe key (driving south). There are pull offs from the road. I have found a ton of shallow water nems around the rock piles that are 40 or so feet from shore. They are right before and right after Indian key channel.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely I watch North woods law lone star law.
My brother is a game warden in Florida. One trick is to find one and ask them where they have checked people for collecting things. That is how I found out about the pull off in between certain keys. I asked one at a gas station lol.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother is a game warden in Florida. One trick is to find one and ask them where they have checked people for collecting things. That is how I found out about the pull off in between certain keys. I asked one at a gas station lol.
Great first contact to. Great insight

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to me thr trip as well. Cool place to visit and even better to collect if out of state residents are allowed collect
As stated before, just a Florida Saltwater fishing license. The out of state, 3 day license is just $17.

Another good spot is right past upper matecumbe key (driving south). There are pull offs from the road. I have found a ton of shallow water nems around the rock piles that are 40 or so feet from shore. They are right before and right after Indian key channel.

Can you show me a bit more specifically? I'm willing to share all our favorite snorkel and collecting spots. And thanks for the info.

Indian Key Channel.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated before, just a Florida Saltwater fishing license. The out of state, 3 day license is just $17.

Can you show me a bit more specifically? I'm willing to share all our favorite snorkel and collecting spots. And thanks for the info.

Indian Key Channel.jpg
Of course. They reproduce like mad, so it’s not like you are going to collect them all. Like Pokémon, just when you think you have them all more are found lol.

There are small rock piles where I circled. There are also some on the south side. I found a few at the shore on the south side, small and I had already collected my limit, but they were there. The rock piles are not huge and are mixed in with the grass beds.

Last trip down was July of this year.

E66CF87B-AF7D-40F9-9F58-92F319706FD5.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course. They reproduce like mad, so it’s not like you are going to collect them all. Like Pokémon, just when you think you have them all more are found lol.

There are small rock piles where I circled. There are also some on the south side. I found a few at the shore on the south side, small and I had already collected my limit, but they were there. The rock piles are not huge and are mixed in with the grass beds.

Last trip down was July of this year.

E66CF87B-AF7D-40F9-9F58-92F319706FD5.jpeg
@Ron Reefman

Not sure where you live, but I just thought of this.

We visit my Dad in Stuart all the time. There are some really nice spots to snorkel there.

Bathtub Beach Reef: on a quiet beach once you get to the left side. Tube worm structure with tons of life. 1000s of blue tangs schoolimg and feeding, angels all over the place, and my best spot for catching seaweed blennies lol. Very calm during the summer, excluding tide extremes, as expected.

Bear Point Cove in the Indian River Lagoon: stays salty most of the time and high brackish if not full salt. Another one that is pull offs on A1A. There are grass beds, rock piles, and even a mangrove lagoon that is deep enough to be snorkeled. No gators in the lagoon as they pump sea water in from numerous places. I snorkel that at least once every time I am down there. The amount of life in it is awesome. Baby fish, huge tarpon, huge snook, non-photosynthetic nems, sponges, etc. best dive there was watching a snook chase a huge mullet and devour it. Snook are a fish not to messed with if you are on their menu lol.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ron Reefman

Not sure where you live, but I just thought of this.

We visit my Dad in Stuart all the time. There are some really nice spots to snorkel there.
We are in Cape Coral, on the west coast, just west of Ft Myers and east of Sanibel Island. We have a few interesting sites here as well, but more for wading with a net than snorkeling.

Thanks for the other points of interest. In time I'll try to check them out. I'd love to have your input in the Snorkeling and Collecting Discussion thread.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/snorkeling-collecting-discussion-group.412414/

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are in Cape Coral, on the west coast, just west of Ft Myers and east of Sanibel Island. We have a few interesting sites here as well, but more for wading with a net than snorkeling.

Thanks for the other points of interest. In time I'll try to check them out. I'd love to have your input in the Snorkeling and Collecting Discussion thread.

I will hop over there.

And Cape Coral is where I lived for a few years growing up. Live right by Pelican Elementary. Not sure if it is even still there lol. I used to swim in the canals lol. See a gator get out and let it pass, then get back in lol. Water was clear, so wasn’t worried. Looking back now, I was an idiot.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will hop over there.

And Cape Coral is where I lived for a few years growing up. Live right by Pelican Elementary. Not sure if it is even still there lol. I used to swim in the canals lol. See a gator get out and let it pass, then get back in lol. Water was clear, so wasn’t worried. Looking back now, I was an idiot.
Oh it's still there. It's about a mile northeast of where our house is!

The only time I've been in a canal is when I was doing repairs to a customers dock and I lost my balance. Gators are rare in the canals now, but Nile Monitor Lizards are even worse. Not quite as big when full grown, but they have a mean bite! People get the baby ones because they are cute, then they grow up, get mean and they get released into the canal system!

ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About ready to throw some things. Got home from work, husband decided to upgrade our internet service today (yay). I've spent from 7pm to 930pm when I finally gave up trying to get my stupid jebao doser to connect to the new network (boo). New name (tried to change it to the old name, still wouldn't work), new provider, new router, new everything. It works beautifully across the house, smart plugs adapted no problems, all phones/laptops/chromebooks/tablets/etc all connected no problems. Jebao doser won't connect. Deleted the profile, started over, still won't connect. I have 2 of them because Amazon messed up and sent it twice. Neither one works. I only need 1 truly, so if just one of these would work I'd be fine. But alas, no. I'm so frustrated, I don't know what to do right now

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About ready to throw some things. Got home from work, husband decided to upgrade our internet service today (yay). I've spent from 7pm to 930pm when I finally gave up trying to get my stupid jebao doser to connect to the new network (boo). New name (tried to change it to the old name, still wouldn't work), new provider, new router, new everything. It works beautifully across the house, smart plugs adapted no problems, all phones/laptops/chromebooks/tablets/etc all connected no problems. Jebao doser won't connect. Deleted the profile, started over, still won't connect. I have 2 of them because Amazon messed up and sent it twice. Neither one works. I only need 1 truly, so if just one of these would work I'd be fine. But alas, no. I'm so frustrated, I don't know what to do right now
There's two bandwidth for wifi. I dont know enough details to help. I suspect they be the problem

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's on the 2.4, phone was switched to the 2.4 as well. I know the 5 doesn't work. I even told my phone to forget the 5 to be on the safe side in case it was getting confused and trying that one anyway. :(

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's on the 2.4, phone was switched to the 2.4 as well. I know the 5 doesn't work. I even told my phone to forget the 5 to be on the safe side in case it was getting confused and trying that one anyway. :(
Looks like its one of those night

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like its one of those night
Sure does appear that way. I'll have to figure out what I want to do if I can't magically get it to connect tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back