OP
OP
TangingOut

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Tank is cycling, but water still hasn't cleared up. Weird because 3rd day after filling up, water was crystal clear and now cloudy ever since. Just finished my manifold last night and success!!! No leaks and no more getting high on PVC cement.

Next up: Setting up Apex and buttoning up all the wires.

Tank%20plumbing.jpg

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a very beautiful tank ! I absolutely love the ATI/AI LED hybrid fixture .Its all breath taking and I am loving it , round of applause to you TangingOut great build , following !

OP
OP
TangingOut

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170717_224121.jpg
Anything new?!

This is how the sump area currently looks. Filled up fast. One of two TLF reactors(GFO down the road), cooling fan, vinyl tubing for UV sterilizer(behind tank stand), and another Hydra 26HD over the frag/fuge section.

OP
OP
TangingOut

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also tank is starting to clear up. Added 12 lbs of live rock and did a little re-scape. Added two Tunze 6055s to break up the Gyre's flow for more random/chaotic flow. I thought I could get away with just the sump fan, but I needed to add one over the display as temps were closer to the upper limits than I was comfortable with.

20170718_110023.jpg

OP
OP
TangingOut

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention that I added the first part of my clean up crew yesterday. Already working on the diatoms. This batch consist of trochus, astrea, nitrite, and margarita snails. Second batch will be leftover clean up crew from my last setup consisting of trochus, nasarius snails, red legged hermits, a fighting conch, and lots of mini brittle stars.

20170717_135314.jpg

OP
OP
TangingOut

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First wave of fishes when in a few days ago and they're all loving it. Plan is to move a few fish over every week or so and feed lightly for the first few days and ramp up feeding until the next wave of fishes and repeat.

20170721_143029.jpg

OP
OP
TangingOut

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diatoms are really starting to clear up. Most fishes are now transferred over. Had to remove a piece of live rock on the left side, because a dang aiptasia pop out of it. It was one of the few live rocks that were added to seed the tank

20170806_124511.jpg

OP
OP
TangingOut

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer pulling some nasty junk. Let me know if this is normal or if you've experienced this. I started with mostly dry rock that was cleaned very well, and rinsed dry sand. Yet the skimmer has been working overtime and been pulling nasty stuff even before fishes were added. Wasn't as dark, but still filled the cup in less than a week. Picture is 4 days worth with small feedings.

1502049841242-1162941862.jpg

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am dealing with pretty much the same thing. Diatoms are hardly there, but have film algae growing like crazy with a spot here and there of cyano.

Goubli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tony,

Nice seeing you at the auction last weekend, and sorry for the delay in the Tupperware return lol.
I'm glad I got to see your previous tank. One of the most satisfying things in the hobby is when you get to do a new setup almost immediately after a takedown. You're doing a great job on this one and its a massive improvement from your tank that I saw.

I'm super impressed with your plumbing and also your skills with the modified light and wire management in the cabinet. Seeing your project has already got me motivated for my next build and my tank is only 6 mos old LOL!

I wouldn't worry about the skimmate as I had dry rock as well and it pulled out some nasty stuff too. Your aquascape is looking nice and has excellent potential. It took me a bit to find this thread, but now that I've found it I'll keep following. Keep it up!

PS-I posted some pics of the stuff I got Saturday in my build thread if you're interested. I'll have to get you over to the house to check it out soon.

Steve

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back