Calcium reactor and Kalkwasser reactor/stirrer

Coralqueendom

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2020
Messages
47
Reaction score
33
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help figuring out what to do on my next build and what equipment to run. Currently I mix kalk in a 5 gal pail then transfer it to my ATO. It keeps my Ph, calcium and alkalinity stable. I’ve been considering a calcium reactor but my pH is already low 7.8 and I’ve heard they can lower pH. Can you run both pieces of equipment at once or is it one or the other? Does one benefit more than the other?
 
Need help figuring out what to do on my next build and what equipment to run. Currently I mix kalk in a 5 gal pail then transfer it to my ATO. It keeps my Ph, calcium and alkalinity stable. I’ve been considering a calcium reactor but my pH is already low 7.8 and I’ve heard they can lower pH. Can you run both pieces of equipment at once or is it one or the other? Does one benefit more than the other?

I run a calcium reactor and use saturated kalk with an ATO. With the alk demand in my tank, the kalk probably doesn’t do much if anything. It will keep stuff from growing in the top off reservoir if nothing else.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new