Calcium reactor, geo or deltec

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am considering either geos cr18/ cr24 classic or deltec pf501.
Both geo, and deltec rep have stated they can go in water, in the sump without any issue, which is mandatory for me and my space.

I'm curious which yall like and why for companies?

crazereef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geos seems to have more readily available parts. When anything breaks, trust me, youll want easily attainable parts.

OP
OP
Tigerito

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geos seems to have more readily available parts. When anything breaks, trust me, youll want easily attainable parts.

ok that's good to know. I got the impressions from email replies of both companies that deltec was ready to help at all times. But geos website states stuff is up to 4 weeks out.

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using a geo dual chamber pretty reliably for the last 5 years until last month where I keep getting leaks no matter what I replace. The kalkmixer pump impellers are always breaking so I just stopped using it after replacing over 10 impellers. I Imagine the deltecs won't have these issues due to the design. I have a deltec skimmer so i know the quality of build will be very good.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i run a geo but i got it used and saved alot of money . i got the geo with carbon doser for 350 i couldnt go wrong

OP
OP
Tigerito

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using a geo dual chamber pretty reliably for the last 5 years until last month where I keep getting leaks no matter what I replace. The kalkmixer pump impellers are always breaking so I just stopped using it after replacing over 10 impellers. I Imagine the deltecs won't have these issues due to the design. I have a deltec skimmer so i know the quality of build will be very good.
I'm not really looking at the kalkwasser. So if you had to do over knowing those issues would you have said deltec? Starting to think I should have done a poll hahaha

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a GEO 618 + SMC415 and totally loving it. I’ve replaced the media last week by unscrewing the top - super easy! Mine is external but I suspect in-sump installation should be fine.

I don’t own a Deltec but heard that the build quality and customer support are excellent!

Good luck with your purchase decision.

Attachments

• IMG_3671.jpeg
    IMG_3671.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
Tigerito

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a GEO 618 + SMC415 and totally loving it. I’ve replaced the media last week by unscrewing the top - super easy! Mine is external but I suspect in-sump installation should be fine.

I don’t own a Deltec but heard that the build quality and customer support are excellent!

Good luck with your purchase decision.
Oh ok would love to have a dual chamber set up just don't think the space is willing :/ very limited unfortunately.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh ok would love to have a dual chamber set up just don't think the space is willing :/ very limited unfortunately.
So I had a secondary chamber but it started leaking . I went over three weeks without it while waiting for a new one and honestly didn’t see any change in my pH level without it, so I left it off entirely.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t need the second chamber to degas. I haven’t done the test but I suspect the pH hit will be marginal. Besides, I run a CO2 scrubber to combat the pH drop from the CaRx anyway.

Just replaced the media this morning around 10am - noticed the pH jump.

Attachments

• IMG_7138.png
    IMG_7138.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 25

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use geo and give +1 for geo. I hear deltecs are good but never tried one. Bought a geo many years ago and i have never had an issue. Great product.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back