Calcium reactor, geo or deltec

Anything that is reverse flow can work well. They all basically do the same thing.

After the first few years, I would have spare uni seals on hand - they do degrade from the co2. They are not hard to get or anything, but it is better to have them than to wait a week.

I have been using CaRx for decades and the best ones use O rings inside of tight fixtures, but even these get brittle over time.
 
I would never order anything from GEO. It was, hands down, the most rude and nasty company I had dealt with. 100%.

I know that is not a popular opinion around here but the way that lady spoke and yelled at me from asking a simple question had me thinking “what the heck?”

I don’t recommend them at all for business. It seems like they almost run the place here but I don’t care. I refused to do business with them
after dealing with her and do not recommend them.

My cousin who had bought a calcium rector a few weeks before I attempted to do so, said he almost had a similar experience with the guy there but he wasn’t nasty like the woman who spoke to me. I don’t see how those people are so popular on this forum.

I have a Reef Octopus calcium reactor and I am very happy with it.
 
Anything that is reverse flow can work well. They all basically do the same thing.

After the first few years, I would have spare uni seals on hand - they do degrade from the co2. They are not hard to get or anything, but it is better to have them than to wait a week.

I have been using CaRx for decades and the best ones use O rings inside of tight fixtures, but even these get brittle over time.
I would never order anything from GEO. It was, hands down, the most rude and nasty company I had dealt with. 100%.

I know that is not a popular opinion around here but the way that lady spoke and yelled at me from asking a simple question had me thinking “what the heck?”
I don’t recommend them at all for business. It seems like they almost run the place here but I don’t care. I refused to do business with them
after dealing with her and do not recommend them.

My cousin who had bought a calcium rector a few weeks before I attempted to do so, said he almost had a similar experience with the guy there but he wasn’t nasty like the woman who spoke to me. I don’t see how those people are so popular on this forum.

I have a Reef Octopus calcium reactor and I am very happy with it.
 
I would never order anything from GEO. It was, hands down, the most rude and nasty company I had dealt with. 100%.

I know that is not a popular opinion around here but the way that lady spoke and yelled at me from asking a simple question had me thinking “what the heck?”

I don’t recommend them at all for business. It seems like they almost run the place here but I don’t care. I refused to do business with them after dealing with her and do not recommend them.

Weird to see this. Geo has a good rep going back 20 years. Hope this was a one off for you.
 
Obviously we are not privy to what happened but if you can provide some perspectives and constructive feedback, that would be helpful to everyone; especially GEO, to improve their customer service.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new