Calcium reactor, geo or deltec

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything that is reverse flow can work well. They all basically do the same thing.

After the first few years, I would have spare uni seals on hand - they do degrade from the co2. They are not hard to get or anything, but it is better to have them than to wait a week.

I have been using CaRx for decades and the best ones use O rings inside of tight fixtures, but even these get brittle over time.

Greego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never order anything from GEO. It was, hands down, the most rude and nasty company I had dealt with. 100%.

I know that is not a popular opinion around here but the way that lady spoke and yelled at me from asking a simple question had me thinking “what the heck?”

I don’t recommend them at all for business. It seems like they almost run the place here but I don’t care. I refused to do business with them
after dealing with her and do not recommend them.

My cousin who had bought a calcium rector a few weeks before I attempted to do so, said he almost had a similar experience with the guy there but he wasn’t nasty like the woman who spoke to me. I don’t see how those people are so popular on this forum.

I have a Reef Octopus calcium reactor and I am very happy with it.

Greego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything that is reverse flow can work well. They all basically do the same thing.

After the first few years, I would have spare uni seals on hand - they do degrade from the co2. They are not hard to get or anything, but it is better to have them than to wait a week.

I have been using CaRx for decades and the best ones use O rings inside of tight fixtures, but even these get brittle over time.
I would never order anything from GEO. It was, hands down, the most rude and nasty company I had dealt with. 100%.

I know that is not a popular opinion around here but the way that lady spoke and yelled at me from asking a simple question had me thinking “what the heck?”
I don’t recommend them at all for business. It seems like they almost run the place here but I don’t care. I refused to do business with them
after dealing with her and do not recommend them.

My cousin who had bought a calcium rector a few weeks before I attempted to do so, said he almost had a similar experience with the guy there but he wasn’t nasty like the woman who spoke to me. I don’t see how those people are so popular on this forum.

I have a Reef Octopus calcium reactor and I am very happy with it.

Ernie Mccracken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don’t recommend them at all for business. It seems like they almost run the place here but I don’t care. I refused to do business with them after dealing with her and do not recommend them.

Weird to see this. Geo has a good rep going back 20 years. Hope this was a one off for you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back