• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Calcium Reactor Silencer

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If your calcium reactor keeps on drawing too much air, and like me you've done everything possible to silence it but nothing is working, this product is for you. This mod lowers the water intake in the reactor by 1 - 1.25 ", allowing access air to accumulate at the top of the reactor. The access air can either be remove automatically by adding the return port to the lid, or by letting it out once a week through the probe port.

Default build is for GEO's Reef Calcium reactor, which 15.77mm hole size. I can custom build them for any size, please provide exact size by measuring with a digital caliper.

Price is $25.99 shipped (continental USA). For international orders please PM.

IMG_5899.JPG

00C1F0B9-1A8C-491E-B5B1-15354BF44FE0.jpeg

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can totally vouch for the quality and attention to detail in Reefer1978’s work as he built one for me! :) This is a fantastic mod for the prior generation GEO calcium reactors where the recirculation manifold comes out of the calcium reactor lid.

jimsflies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is an older thread. I'm Interested in more information. What is the purpose for the cross shape? Are there 4 intakes (its hard to see the details from the photos)?

Working on setting up a Geo CaRx using a Kamoer fxstp. My research has led me down this rabbit hole.

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is an older thread. I'm Interested in more information. What is the purpose for the cross shape? Are there 4 intakes (its hard to see the details from the photos)?

Working on setting up a Geo CaRx using a Kamoer fxstp. My research has led me down this rabbit hole.
Air builds up under the lid, and eventually will cause pump to not work. This lowers the pickup of the water and allows you to go longer before having to purge the air. I haven't ordered one yet but need to.

OP
OP
Reefer1978

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Air builds up under the lid, and eventually will cause pump to not work. This lowers the pickup of the water and allows you to go longer before having to purge the air. I haven't ordered one yet but need to.

Spread out the flow so you don't create a vortex and pull in air you are trying to get rid of. Prob over-engineered, but it didn't take much time.

jimsflies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the ends of the cross are open for flow? Hard to see the detail in the photo.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The intakes are at the end of the four tubes facing upwards toward the lid of the reacto

DE414F3A-B442-49FB-9520-69EB28B069BE.png
710C9229-31C0-4381-BA1B-0BB144390EED.png

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The older and I think the smaller versions had the effluent hole and the pump intake in the lid. Air bubbles would get sucked into the pump intake instead of going out with the effluent which makes for more noise and some air getting recirculated around over and over potentially getting really noisy and in really bad situations cavitating the recirculating pump and stopping flow. Newer models I think have been corrected and have the recirculating pump intake on the side near the top and not out the top of the lid.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back