calcium reactor

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so looking for a calcium reactor see that premium aquatics has the mrc on sale are these any good compared to a geos reef looking for a dual one system is a 200 gallon mixed reef

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an old geo's single. Like the current 818. Holds a lot of media for my 600g

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trying to see if others have the mrc brand i know others who have geos reef and luv it but im on a budget

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know but still cheaper than geos the blueline pump only cost $60 and im getting a dual ractor as opposed to a single i would have gone with a single but i already deal with low ph in my home

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just trying to get some feedback on the mrc almost bought a vertex but they went out of buisness so i know parts would have been nearly impossible to get

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running the older style MRC 2 for many years and very happy with it. The newer style has a tube in the chamber to evenly distribute the intake of water and Co2. It also has a PH probe holder. As mentioned you’ll need to purchase a feed pump, I use a MJ1200 and a recirculating pump, I use a Pan World 10PX. The only con are the thumb screws because if the lids aren’t properly aligned and tighten it will leak. It is however easy to set up and adjust the effluent with the John Guest fitting…

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm pulled my aquamaxx rx and re-installed my old MRC CR1 with second chamber since it holds much more media. mine works great, no leaks and i'm using one of my old mag2's for circ. I would really consider the MRC.

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't used their calcium reactor, but a lot of their sumps and skimmers, and some of their acrylic tanks. All top quality equipment, so I can't imagine a CaRx wouldn't be great as well.

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any media reactor can be converted into a carx for considerable savings.
I did it with a skimz 6" reactor and it works as well as my old Tunze.
Drilled a couple holes in the top attatched a pump and drip it into a small open top reactor.
A feed pump is not needed as I use the thumb screw method like the Tunze on the pumps intake.
Very stable and simple to setup.
If interested pm me.
20210606_110004.jpg
20210604_084135.jpg

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much of a diy guy prefer to buy just in case something goes wrong thnks anyway well appreciated

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the mrc cr6 yesterday as they were at a very good price. I'm going to first try pulling with my kamoer continuous duty peristaltic pump. I'm also going to take the opportunity to swap over from reborn to arm media. Seems like the larger capacity will let me run coarser media and hopefully less maintenance. It will be replacing my korrallin c1502 which has been good, but I'm refilling the media frequently and have an air leak that I've been unable to find.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice sale they have going on. mine is old and doesn't have the spray bar, but it works great. i can only imagine that spray bar would help diffuse the CO2 better and help keep it from creating big pockets of bubbles in the media. mine has some pockets but Ca is still super steady at 450 with alk right at 8.5 all day. i get 8.6 at night with the slower coral uptake but it comes down to 8.5 during the day. love it!

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was torn on the cr2 which recommends the panworld 10px (12w) VS the cr4/6 which use the 40px which is probably a bit oversized. I use a 40px for my water changing station about 50 feet away and through 3/4" pvc. But after coming from a eheim 1048 which I think struggled after a month or two with the new smaller reborn which kind of melted away, I didn't want to regret getting a smaller pump. I know they've used different pumps over the years, and I've put the panworld up against some tough scenarios the past 3 years and it'll probably keep chugging along for many more.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was torn on the cr2 which recommends the panworld 10px (12w) VS the cr4/6 which use the 40px which is probably a bit oversized. I use a 40px for my water changing station about 50 feet away and through 3/4" pvc. But after coming from a eheim 1048 which I think struggled after a month or two with the new smaller reborn which kind of melted away, I didn't want to regret getting a smaller pump. I know they've used different pumps over the years, and I've put the panworld up against some tough scenarios the past 3 years and it'll probably keep chugging along for many more.
i'm using my kamoer to pull. it works fine, just let it run at high rpm for enough time to pull all the air out before tuning it. Might take a little while

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back