Calling Current USA light owners... where you at?

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried plugging in other equipment to the Loop Buetooth controller hub that comes with these lights & if so, did it work? I have a MightyJet pump & Jebao powerhead, both look like they have the right connections but I’m a little apprehensive.

Online it says any ‘Loop’ compatible equipment but I couldn’t find a list.
I’m not sure. Maybe email the company and ask? It may be possible but I wouldn’t want to personally risk burning something out.

CookieRdReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an Orbit Marine for a few months then bought 2 ViparSpectras to replace it. Huge difference in coral growth and color.

TheIrish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad this thread is here for current lights. I have the dual IC pros with wave pumps and will get future return pump. Really like how they’ve set up the loop system. I run a 54 corner tank and grow lps and softies with no issues. Really looking forward if they come out with a stronger light!

4433602F-E44A-4773-9946-359C3AE96009.jpeg 1CA7AE42-6658-459D-A77F-0377536917A2.jpeg 806ABBBB-5022-4E43-A101-87F178188752.jpeg
Hey what timer settings are you using? I have the same exact tank and would like to know what has been working for you.
Sunrise,Sunset,daylight,moon times and colors?

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an Orbit Marine for a few months then bought 2 ViparSpectras to replace it. Huge difference in coral growth and color.

I also had the orbit pros on brackets and never had good success with corals. I just put 3 viperspectras on the tank, 14" above water, and the difference is amazing. NO ramp up but I have each one come on at a different time. ch 1 blue 20 min apart, and ch 2 an hour later, each one also 20 min apart. Same with going off. Same effect as ramping up and down

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly what I run mine at(I also have the pro, run my white at 35%). Tank is a IM Nuvo 20 peninsula. Light right on top tank. Growing Monti cap at about 9 inches down, Monti digi,Anacroporia,birdsnest and stylo growing from 7 inches down and above that. Acans, candy canes and mushrooms on gravel bed growing good but the Acans turned orange from red.
If I had to do it over I'd buy a more powerful light----which I just did---setting up a IM Nuvo 10 as a QT then using it as a frag tank--I bought the AI Prime 16HD for it. With the Prime I can run much more powerful blue light with less white and get more PUR.
I have gotten rid of my Current USA lights on my 20 gallon tank for 2 AI primes(running BRS AB+ spectrum) and I'M SO GLAD I DID. In 6 weeks coral has grown better with Primes than 11 months under the Current USA.

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also looking to change lights I was really hopeful with these too.

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To all thinking about switching out the lights. I added T5's in with my Currents and it has worked really well. It was cheaper for me to add a T5 hybrid fixture and bulbs than to buy new LED lights.

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using mine as acccent lighting and to help shaded areas now. I added 2 3rd gen radions and hung the current strips on the sides like the t5 part of a hybrid over my 75. Other than random clouds rolling through i like it.

Bgmrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a current setup...Bluetooth...waves...and return pump in my sump on my basement. I love the ease of use, and app control and a kinda set it and forget it type thing. Like a controller would be. But the intensity is to low over my 92gal. Corner. Im am goint to add a 250w halide to the 48in current. The halide will be set for just daytime light and still use current for blues and ramp up and down and moon.

Bgmrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IC Pro. I like the lights because of the low profile but I hate that I can't reduce the moonlight to under 6 hours.

Cant adjust moon? I can set it to whatever i want in mine. The pro version. Light and timer settings....maybe cause Im using the app??!!

Bgmrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone ever figure out how to change all of the time settings? As I understand it you can only change when sunrise & sunset begins + moonlight duration. The app is obviously tied to the phone but the lights are on from about 7AM - 9:20 PM. Seems long to me.

Otherwise how are you getting around this?

Bluetooth and app allows you to change anything and everthing. I honestly had no idea you all had issues like the ones I have been reading! I can add,change,adjust all my lights times and setting and wave pumps frequency and modes such as wave or surge or constant along with power of return pump and FEED MODE. And Icons on the main page for 1 easy click to enter clean mode or storm mode or 10 other lighting modes. Wow, Im gald I started off with Bluetooth and the app right from the start. If anyone wants some pics of the app on my phone...lmk

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have the current eflux powerheads. I actually had to replace 2 but I like the ease of using the remote to adjust flow and flow type.

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently went Bluetooth. I love the app. However the lights aren’t doing any good for my corals. And now I’ve started to have issues with my powerheads just shutting off. No issues on the hub, but they will shut off and I have to turn them back on.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could still be a bad hub. You can get replacements on amazon. I tried to soak my 2 heads in vinegar to see if they'd work, and nope. I'll mess with them a bit more to try to get them working again to have as spares

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could still be a bad hub. You can get replacements on amazon. I tried to soak my 2 heads in vinegar to see if they'd work, and nope. I'll mess with them a bit more to try to get them working again to have as spares
My hub is only a couple months old so if it’s bad I hope they replace it. They usually do. That $100.00 bucks that I can’t afford to waste. (Bluetooth hub to be precise)

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using these lights for about 3 years and have had fantastic results. They offer a high level of custom programming.

My one con to these lights is that they are underpowered. I don't recommend these lights in a tank that has a depth greater than 12-14 inches.

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using these lights for about 3 years and have had fantastic results. They offer a high level of custom programming.

My one con to these lights is that they are underpowered. I don't recommend these lights in a tank that has a depth greater than 12-14 inches.
Concur. My tank is 21” deep and they don’t even really grow my palys too well. I even added a standard orbit marine light as supplement.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Concur. My tank is 21” deep and they don’t even really grow my palys too well. I even added a standard orbit marine light as supplement.

My apologies these questions have been asked and answered...

1. Can you please provide the dimensions of your tank?
2. Which Current USA lights do you have ( i.e.: loop)?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back