Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

Can you get a side pic of your sump?
20240221_061805.jpg
20240221_061817.jpg
20240221_061828.jpg
 
That is something I'm not 100% sure about. You may want a little more
I am running late for work I will play with it tonight when I get home. Thank you!
 
At the surface you have flow. The sand makes wave shape by the flow?
Yes at the surface there is flow and it was blowing the sand around a bit.
 
I have noticed that there's a good bit of dust/fine sand that has settled on the rocks. Should I maybe place my powerheads lower in the tank to get more flow on the rocks? Right now they are just a couple of inches from the top of the tank.
 
I have noticed that there's a good bit of dust/fine sand that has settled on the rocks. Should I maybe place my powerheads lower in the tank to get more flow on the rocks? Right now they are just a couple of inches from the top of the tank.
Depends. Closer to the top helps with gas exchange through surface agitation and also cools the tank through evaporation from the extra agitation. You can always use a turkey baster to clean off the rocks.
 
Depends. Closer to the top helps with gas exchange through surface agitation and also cools the tank through evaporation from the extra agitation. You can always use a turkey baster to clean off the rocks.
I did that yesterday but might need to do it again tonight.
 
I did that yesterday but might need to do it again tonight.
Try this: baste the rocks, scrape the glass if necessary, and then shake up 2 teaspoons of Calcium Carbonate in some water (20 oz or so) and dump it in the tank.
 
Try this: baste the rocks, scrape the glass if necessary, and then shake up 2 teaspoons of Calcium Carbonate in some water (20 oz or so) and dump it in the tank.
I don't have calcium carbonate
 
I don't have calcium carbonate
It's not necessary but it works like a clarifier. It'll help filter all the fine particulates out of the water column.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new