Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

Which one should I go with for the two lights on the ends? I'm guessing the lowest one since I have no corals right now?
Screenshot_20240224-173437_ReefBeat.jpg
Screenshot_20240224-173447_ReefBeat.jpg
 
I'd run it for corals, but that's just me. Put it where you want it to end so you don't have to adjust it beyond acclimation periods.
 
Ohhh... Nevermind. Do you like blue or white light? White is usually more pleasing to the eyes with no corals but it grows algae better too. 12000K is blue but still fairly white. 18000K is more blue but still fairly pleasing to the eyes. 23000K is going to be pretty blue.
 
Ohhh... Nevermind. Do you like blue or white light? White is usually more pleasing to the eyes with no corals but it grows algae better too. 12000K is blue but still fairly white. 18000K is more blue but still fairly pleasing to the eyes. 23000K is going to be pretty blue.
I like both but I don't like the blue really dark so maybe a good mix?
 
I’ll be curious what you end up liking. When I first started my tank I preferred a lot of white light; I think it was more what I was used to coming from the freshwater side. Recently I’ve come to really appreciate a little more blues, really makes the corals pop.
 
I’ll be curious what you end up liking. When I first started my tank I preferred a lot of white light; I think it was more what I was used to coming from the freshwater side. Recently I’ve come to really appreciate a little more blues, really makes the corals pop.
Right now I have it on the 12k setting because I think it's less likely to cause algea.
 
Bumblebee snails are good for keeping Vermetid snails in check.

I have some. Great for Vermetid like Tim said, plus they are just cute and I can easily find them in tank
 
Which one should I go with for the two lights on the ends? I'm guessing the lowest one since I have no corals right now?
Screenshot_20240224-173437_ReefBeat.jpg
Screenshot_20240224-173447_ReefBeat.jpg

Here is my Red Sea program. all corals have thrived with it. It’s the Red Sea RL-90 23K program, slightly tweaked with added cloud and moon cycle.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2421.png
    IMG_2421.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 53
Here is my Red Sea program. all corals have thrived with it. It’s the Red Sea RL-90 23K program, slightly tweaked with added cloud and moon cycle.

Forgot to add, I did do the 40 day acclimation setting. I am a newb, so was ultra cautious. The experienced gang here likely does things differently
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new