Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

Me too and I want Mexican first @ESABOE with her tacos and now @tbrown with his chimichangas... it's just not fair... :crying-face: :crying-face: :crying-face: :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Just got hit home from LFS - wet noodle mode!

Just enough leftovers to make burritos- and a beer!
 
Did you have fun?
I did! Cleaned glass on tanks, did inventory, and listened to the guys talk to customers! Learned stuff and got to get to close and personal with da fishies!
 
I did! Cleaned glass on tanks, did inventory, and listened to the guys talk to customers! Learned stuff and got to get to close and personal with da fishies!
Sounds like a great way to spend the day!
 
Added a bit more rock and rearranged a little here's the now followed by the before... I turned the white lights on just to get the picture.
20240302_180438.jpg
20240222_055149.jpg
looks great
 
I think I have GHA in my tank! It was not there yesterday and now it's on past of my rocks and a little on the front glass. What can I do to get rid of it? I don't want it to get worse. On the plus side i got the special lens for my phone so i could get better pictures.
20240305_181457.jpg
 
It's crazy there was none yesterday and now it's on su last two rocks and there is another that I'm not sure if it's the same on the front glass it's tiny pieces that look different.
 
Ok what about the other question? Less light? Bigger water changes?
That's out of my wheel house. I'm a "let it ride and find out" type of guy on a lot of things. That's why the GHA fiasco hurt my tank so much.
 
That's out of my wheel house. I'm a "let it ride and find out" type of guy on a lot of things. That's why the GHA fiasco hurt my tank so much.
Ok I think nitrates are Ok it's so hard to tell with the colors...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new