Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

I would hold off on adding anymore new things for now, including CUC. You don’t want to introduce anything that could be bad as everything is weak right now. I would just do my water changes, and let it ride for a month.
 
Yep agree w all above the corals will be fine just mad is all... ;) :)
 
Can we get a few full tank shots ? you started with live rock , you should not have to be doing any dosing yet
can tell better with pics... :)
new skimmer running yes ?
 
Can we get a few full tank shots ? you started with live rock , you should not have to be doing any dosing yet
can tell better with pics... :)
new skimmer running yes ?
I'm laying in bed already and lights are off on the tank for the night. The new skimmer is working well.
 
tomorrow if possible please... :)
 
Update: Lights aren't on yet but with the light in the living room the corals still don't look happy. Maybe once the lights come on they will perk up. The new margarita snails are hard at work ones cleaning the glass and ones cleaning the rocks.
 
It will take time, but if they aren't looking worse, probably will recover.
I sure hope so. The tank is less cloudy than it was yesterday so that's a plus. Also I thought I might have fried one of my lights because I spilled water on the box on the plug and it started sputtering and smoking but it dried out over night and it's working this morning.
 
Can we get a few full tank shots ? you started with live rock , you should not have to be doing any dosing yet
can tell better with pics... :)
new skimmer running yes ?
Here is the full tank. One with the yellow lens filter and one without.
20240318_060149.jpg
20240318_062914.jpg
 
Looks like a bacteria bloom. As long as it's looking better each day, that's good.
It may also at least partially be where I stirred up the sand a bit when doing the water change.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new