Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

What is your Alk cal salinity at ? do not see a reason to be vodka/peroxide dosing ,you started w live rock ,
now we just need to get coralline growing ... :)
 
What is your Alk cal salinity at ? do not see a reason to be vodka/peroxide dosing ,you started w live rock ,
now we just need to get coralline growing ... :)
There was a lot of what i think was hair algea on the glass and the rocks and I was trying to at least slow it down.
 
What kits are you using , do you know alk, cal ,salinity ?
 
some types of algae you just have to go through, no getting around some of it. instead of changing stuff you're putting into the water, maybe try to change what might cause the algae growth.
 
What kits are you using , do you know alk, cal ,salinity ?
I don't yet for alk or cal yet as I'm planning to buy the Hana electric kit around the beginning of April. I have a refractometer and salinity is 1.025.
 
some types of algae you just have to go through, no getting around some of it. instead of changing stuff you're putting into the water, maybe try to change what might cause the algae growth.
I think it's just going through the ugly stage of setting up the tank and I need to be patient.
 
I think it's just going through the ugly stage of setting up the tank and I need to be patient.
ya that's what I was thinking it might be too
 
I don't yet for alk or cal yet as I'm planning to buy the Hana electric kit around the beginning of April. I have a refractometer and salinity is 1.025.
that will be key, also are you monitoring PH ? number doesn't really matter as long as stable,
AND checked SAME TIME of day ,every time you check... ;) :)
 
I don't yet for alk or cal yet as I'm planning to buy the Hana electric kit around the beginning of April. I have a refractometer and salinity is 1.025.
the big one ? test's all ? need nitrates and phos #'s too...:rolleyes:;)
 
For magnesium, you check or like Randy you ignore?
ignore ,never 1x checked entire time 34 yrs now, do add liquid mag just by eye whole time, read your corals...;):)
 
that will be key, also are you monitoring PH ? number doesn't really matter as long as stable,
AND checked SAME TIME of day ,every time you check... ;) :)
I have a salifert ph test in using right now but for the life of me can't remember what it was when I tested last I have it wrote down at home.
 
Last edited:
You could post your test results here and we can help you keep an eye on it. It's just a matter of it hitting it's stable parameters. Every tank is different. And test before water changes, not after.
 
Guys I think my hairy mushroom is maybe going to be ok and one piece of the pulsing Xenia send to be still alive. The mushroom stretched out today like it normally does and is currently slowly moving and a piece of the Xenia was open earlier. Also the leather is a little less angry purple I think and looks le it may have moved a tiny bit. I don't know about the pretty teal mushroom though it's still closed up really tight.
 
Guys I think my hairy mushroom is maybe going to be ok and one piece of the pulsing Xenia send to be still alive. The mushroom stretched out today like it normally does and is currently slowly moving and a piece of the Xenia was open earlier. Also the leather is a little less angry purple I think and looks le it may have moved a tiny bit. I don't know about the pretty teal mushroom though it's still closed up really tight.
Keep the faith!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new