Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

As promised RFA and corals that arrived this week! Thank you again @luis angel for sharing your lens suggestion with me!
1000005605.jpg
1000005606.jpg
1000005608.jpg
1000005607.jpg
1000005609.jpg
1000005610.jpg
1000005611.jpg
1000005612.jpg
1000005613.jpg
1000005614.jpg

1000005604.jpg
In case you weren't aware, #1 is a Goni and #2 is an Alveopora. Alves and Gonis will fight and potentially kill each other most of the time.
 
In case you weren't aware, #1 is a Goni and #2 is an Alveopora. Alves and Gonis will fight and potentially kill each other most of the time.
Yes I actually got pictures and names this time and they will be far away from each other. I will have a goni garden and a Alveopora garden but they will have about 3ft or so between them and will be on totally different rocks. Will that be ok?
 
Yes I actually got pictures and names this time and they will be far away from each other. I will have a goni garden and a Alveopora garden but they will have about 3ft or so between them and will be on totally different rocks. Will that be ok?
More than plenty. Gonis and Alves can stretch out around 3"-4" depending on flow. Most stay around 2"-3" in my experience.
 
More than plenty. Gonis and Alves can stretch out around 3"-4" depending on flow. Most stay around 2"-3" in my experience.
Like this turn your volume on to hear me...
 
Those are beautiful corals and beautiful photos!
Thank you!!! I tried in 3 or 4 auctions to win the pink goni but got out bid each time and Pat the owner found one more after the auction and sent it to me for less than what the ones in the auction sold for. He's a really nice guy.
 
I also moved the other fish that were in the QT tank to the DT tank so far everyone is getting along swimmingly lol. The Lawnmower Blenny is pecking at the algea on the back glass already.
 
yes ATO take work off your hand... I put a RED SEA on mine a few weeks ago...one less thing to do....holds 10 gallons of rodi
Mine is a 15 gallon tank but I only filled it up to about 13 gallons.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new