Can anyone dumb down compatibility

jason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been reefing for 20 years and always learning. So I’ve been bitten by the anemone bug and want a variety but I have been doing research about mixing and chemical warfare. I’ve seen people post even when you take on type out carbon needs to be ran until the other type is put in etc... Then I’ve seen people have a CSB, RBTA, Darwin etc... mixed in one tank not next to one another but spread out. So my question is can you or can’t you have different types of anemones in a tank? I saw that compatibility chart but seen people arguing saying it’s not relevant. Heard run carbon if your having different types in one tank... if anyone can answer this or direct me I’d appreciate it. Don’t want spend money on a highend item just to see it die. TIA

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Heck out some of my old treads can be done no problum
Been reefing for 20 years and always learning. So I’ve been bitten by the anemone bug and want a variety but I have been doing research about mixing and chemical warfare. I’ve seen people post even when you take on type out carbon needs to be ran until the other type is put in etc... Then I’ve seen people have a CSB, RBTA, Darwin etc... mixed in one tank not next to one another but spread out. So my question is can you or can’t you have different types of anemones in a tank? I saw that compatibility chart but seen people arguing saying it’s not relevant. Heard run carbon if your having different types in one tank... if anyone can answer this or direct me I’d appreciate it. Don’t want spend money on a highend item just to see it die. TIA
Check out some of my old threads definitely can be done no problum just Need a big enough tank and good filtration :)

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have magnifica, LTA, bta, gigantea, and Haddoni all in same tank.

Gig touches haddoni, no problem
Bta touches haddoni no problem
Gigs touching other gigs no problem
Haddonis touching other haddonis no problem

In my other tank, I have LTA, two gigs, and two magnifica.

Magnifica touches LTA no problem
Magnifica touches magnifica no problem

I've heard other reef member here have their gig touch their magnifica.

There is also no proof of chemical warfare. I've had magnifica release nematocysts and kill fish that bites it, but the other anemones are not affected.

20200628_081412.jpg

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some anemones don’t like to touch each other and will move. Others have a strong sting and will destroy the tentacles of others. Some others won’t thrive because it’s hard to provide the best possible conditions for every type of anemone.

Especially water flow that matches the low flow carpets to the high flow magnifica giganteas. I have RBTA getting too big that they crowd out rock flowers and condylactis. RBTA don’t like to touch gigantea, Haddoni, Sebae or Condy.

This is a Sebae Heteractis Crispa after it got caught by a Haddoni. It took a week for it to move away. See the damage and how it’s no longer thriving? Haddoni and LTA also don’t like to touch each other.

F8B5F620-27E5-4587-B1EF-04691A8A0D94.jpeg

I only run carbon in a mesh bag inside the tank. No sump or skimmer. But do weekly water changes. They like consistency and stable parameters.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back