Can Anyone help me ID This

jkef2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was not sure where to post sorry if it is in the wrong place. I just noticed these egg looking things about 10 minutes ago, Not sure what they are. The only tank inhabitants are a pair of clowns ( in know it cant be there eggs) A LOT of snails. one Brittle Sea Star, and a banded shrimp. So I don't know what or who laid these or if they where even laid. Just spotted these about 15 minutes ago. Look like some sort of egg I have a bunch of snails a shrimp and only two clowns oh and a starfish If they are egg I don't know who laid them or what please help

OP
OP
jkef2010

jkef2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I thought as well. But the things that is confusing me there all separated and there are about 19 in total. So I was boggled by it.

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some on a rock I swear looks like TAR, i mean like black and shiney they come in all shapes and sizes and colors. Just watch em and see. Maybe eggs but I highly doubt it.

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have the same things as you, an on-line friend thought seasquirt/tunicate. So I am following. Maybe it is a Maryland thing =P

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had those in my last system. I could never figure out what they were from, but they are definitely a pouch of some sort. If you pop them a small amount of white liquid will come out. I figured it was some type of egg pouch from something in the tank. For some reason it was always on my frag discs more than anywhere else.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back