Can Anyone help me ID This

jkef2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was not sure where to post sorry if it is in the wrong place. I just noticed these egg looking things about 10 minutes ago, Not sure what they are. The only tank inhabitants are a pair of clowns ( in know it cant be there eggs) A LOT of snails. one Brittle Sea Star, and a banded shrimp. So I don't know what or who laid these or if they where even laid. Just spotted these about 15 minutes ago. Look like some sort of egg I have a bunch of snails a shrimp and only two clowns oh and a starfish If they are egg I don't know who laid them or what please help

OP
OP
jkef2010

jkef2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I thought as well. But the things that is confusing me there all separated and there are about 19 in total. So I was boggled by it.

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some on a rock I swear looks like TAR, i mean like black and shiney they come in all shapes and sizes and colors. Just watch em and see. Maybe eggs but I highly doubt it.

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have the same things as you, an on-line friend thought seasquirt/tunicate. So I am following. Maybe it is a Maryland thing =P

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had those in my last system. I could never figure out what they were from, but they are definitely a pouch of some sort. If you pop them a small amount of white liquid will come out. I figured it was some type of egg pouch from something in the tank. For some reason it was always on my frag discs more than anywhere else.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 78.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back