Can anyone ID this algae

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I know... but I just want a month of not having to deal with something. I plan on leaving it alone. I don't care. I'll keep an eye on my zoa and hopefully this doesn't become a problem.
Yeah, sorry, but if the hydroids have been there a long time and have not become a problem, I'd say don't worry too much, as it does not solve anything especially if there is no direct issue.
Is your zoa on the rocks or on a frag plug? If it seems to be irritating the zoa, you might want to try to remove the hydroids there.

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I know... but I just want a month of not having to deal with something. I plan on leaving it alone. I don't care. I'll keep an eye on my zoa and hopefully this doesn't become a problem.
if the zoa is not happy with it then i would start to deal with it. if the zoa is fine then maybe feed less and see if the hydriods stop spreading. really sorry bout this

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, sorry, but if the hydroids have been there a long time and have not become a problem, I'd say don't worry too much, as it does not solve anything especially if there is no direct issue.
Is your zoa on the rocks or on a frag plug? If it seems to be irritating the zoa, you might want to try to remove the hydroids there.
On the actual rock. The zoa polyps that are near it are out. They don't seem to bothered by it. I wouldn't mind them being in the tank if they weren't a potential risk. The zoas fell off as I was trying to glue them on so I did directly to the Rock

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the actual rock. The zoa polyps that are near it are out. They don't seem to bothered by it. I wouldn't mind them being in the tank if they weren't a potential risk. The zoas fell off as I was trying to glue them on so I did directly to the Rock
In that case, it is probably just a waiting game to see if they become an issue.

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that case, it is probably just a waiting game to see if they become an issue.
I plan to switch tanks this year anyway. So when time comes I'll frag off the coral and only transfer them and leave the rock behind. Hopefully I can make it to the due date.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can't hit just them with water. Zoas are too close. They'll be bothered by it
Which is why I said - TOWARDS them, not at them. I have a ton of zoas and know how they react to high flow. You want to direct the food away from the hydroids not aim current at them. Remember this measure is temporary

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is why I said - TOWARDS them, not at them. I have a ton of zoas and know how they react to high flow. You want to direct the food away from the hydroids not aim current at them. Remember this measure is temporary
I found more. Opposite side of the tank. How do I move corals and hard shelled creatures to a new tank without reintroducing them? QT?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I found more. Opposite side of the tank. How do I move corals and hard shelled creatures to a new tank without reintroducing them? QT?
use some tank water and move them. They apparently had plenty to eat

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back