Can anyone ID this fish?

Dixon B

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2019
Messages
58
Reaction score
45
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s currently in my observation tank. He’s quite small. Less than 3 inches. Was only told he’s some sort of wrasse. Is sharing the tank with a clown tang who couldn’t seem to care less about him being there lol. Thanks for the help.

333830FA-9EDB-406C-AD38-64463A885FFE.jpeg 7BD5AB74-E93C-4B5D-B88A-BAE5DDA8EEAC.jpeg
 
Here’s another shot of that ring
 

Attachments

  • AFE35E8E-07BD-4965-ACB0-D675FA4B7240.jpeg
    AFE35E8E-07BD-4965-ACB0-D675FA4B7240.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 109
hi,twin spot wrasse juvi??
 
This is with the whites turned up.
 
Maybe a Checkerboard wrasse? Hard to tell in the picture.
Is the picture the problem? I can take more. Or is it just an odd critter to ID because it looks similar to others?
 
I think you’re all right with the checkerboard wrasse. Pics of juveniles look strikingly similar. Also I’m 50/50 on if he said the word marbled in reference to it. Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it.
 
Agree, follow on picture was great. I didn’t see that post before my original reply.
No problem! Thanks for the help. The kid working at the fish store was really new. I’ve never seen him. So I wasn’t too sure how knowledgeable he was.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new