Can anyone ID this Scoly?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leigh.E
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Leigh.E

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Cornwall
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per title, is anyone able to ID this Scoly for me?

BF1A21CD-30A4-4821-9A62-37E851DEEF39.jpeg
 
It’s a bleeding apple. Some people/vendors might give it some other name, but there’s no real standard or grading system, as far as I know it’s a bleeding apple.
 
Thanks for the replies. I’m looking forward to getting it in and seeing how it develops.
 
I've seen darker variants like that sometimes called warpaint. Not sure if that's just something made up or not.
 
I got this pink and aqua coral a few months back at a LFS for $20, was a presumed "button Scoly". At the time it was much sadder, and had a small piece of skeleton showing. It's gotten a lot fluffier, and now I am seeing 3 small new polyps/mouths forming on the bottom of it (not all pictured). Is it a button Scoly or something else? Anyone have any idea?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20211101_165658.jpg
    IMG_20211101_165658.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 51
I got this pink and aqua coral a few months back at a LFS for $20, was a presumed "button Scoly". At the time it was much sadder, and had a small piece of skeleton showing. It's gotten a lot fluffier, and now I am seeing 3 small new polyps/mouths forming on the bottom of it (not all pictured). Is it a button Scoly or something else? Anyone have any idea?
It’s an Acan echinata, not a button scoly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new