Can eurobracing be removed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishOkay
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FishOkay

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 16, 2021
Messages
460
Reaction score
338
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could this eurobracing be safely removed? It's pretty substantial and it's annoying to have to keep clean so light can get through. It's only held in place with silicone. anyone done this before?
20220513_170336.jpg
 
Absolutely not, unless you like your floors wet.
What about if I was to reinforce it another way first before removing? I'm not sure what alternatoves to eurobracing there are lol but I'm sure there are other ways to reinforce.
 
What about if I was to reinforce it another way first before removing? I'm not sure what alternatoves to eurobracing there are lol but I'm sure there are other ways to reinforce.
That would be extremely risky business unless you know for sure what you are doing. There are other bracing methods, but they all have downsides that will be amplified to replace such a substantial Eurobrace.

My personal opinion would be to not even consider removing the Eurobrace.
 
don't do it, eurobracing is there due to the size of the tank, tanks that are taller than they are deep are designed that way due to deflection.
 
I think it looks really good as is, you cannot fix it,
 
Yeah I think il just have to live with it I guess. I just don't know why they had to make it extrude so much I would have thought a narrower brace would have done the same job, I suppose I have kessils anyway so can aim the light a bit more to go more under it than through it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new