Can I acclimate inverts without dripping ?

Steven777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting some inverts tomorrow, including a Cleaner shrimp, some Astraea snails, Nassarius snails, and fighting conch. Can I acclimate them without dripping method? I don't have the equipment to do so. I acclimate my fish by pouring a small amount of water every 5 mins.

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never done any drip method with any fish, coral or invert and have never had one perish.

I have always done what you do for fish, place in a container and scoop out some of its water and replace with mine. I repeat that 4-5 times over half an hour in a dimly lit room. Also with my cat supervising the whole thing...

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If water parameters are close, I usually squirt some tank water into the LFS bag every 5-10 minutes over half an hour or so with lights dimmed or off. I probably add in 50% tank water to bag and then net out/pour out animals depending on what they are.
Good luck

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use the drip method. Now I just pour a good amount of the water out of the bag they come in, float them in the sump, and add tank water to the bag using a large pipette (a turkey baster or anything else will do). Every 5 minutes or so I add more water. I usually do this for about an hour. Then I strain the water out through a net, and done.

OP
OP
Steven777

Steven777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never done any drip method with any fish, coral or invert and have never had one perish.

I have always done what you do for fish, place in a container and scoop out some of its water and replace with mine. I repeat that 4-5 times over half an hour in a dimly lit room. Also with my cat supervising the whole thing...

You're always successful because you're supervised by Boss Cat

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use the drip method. Now I just pour a good amount of the water out of the bag they come in, float them in the sump, and add tank water to the bag using a large pipette (a turkey baster or anything else will do). Every 5 minutes or so I add more water. I usually do this for about an hour. Then I strain the water out through a net, and done.

Same

OP
OP
Steven777

Steven777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you that sounds solid :)

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 87 42.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 99 48.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back