Can I mix anthias?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How many anthias in a 75-gallon? Can I mix them at different times? I know they school. What are the rules for male/female mixing? Also would a yellow tail tamarin wrasse be compatible with a melanurus wrasse?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you're willing to feed them often, as many as you want. Ideally it's best adding your "school" at the same time unless you're just adding females. I think it's usually one mail and up to four females, or something along that lines.

With respect to the wrasses, *maybe*. I'll defer to @i cant think (our resident wrasse expert!)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many anthias in a 75-gallon? Can I mix them at different times? I know they school. What are the rules for male/female mixing? Also would a yellow tail tamarin wrasse be compatible with a melanurus wrasse?
anthias seem to be alright mixed at different times if introduced in numbers. Male/female mixing I believe is it’s in a 1:4 ratio or possibly 1:6.

As for the Wrasses, they should get along but a small amount of bickering is to be expected. Be careful as Melanurus are known for being fairly more boisterous than other wrasses and don’t tend to accept other sand sleepers easily.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean mixing species? There are threads around on that…
Short ans. yes with caution… My personal experience is the more they look alike the more squabbling…
I recently mixed dispar with lyretails and ended up with 1 each …YMMV

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
anthias seem to be alright mixed at different times if introduced in numbers. Male/female mixing I believe is it’s in a 1:4 ratio or possibly 1:6.

As for the Wrasses, they should get along but a small amount of bickering is to be expected. Be careful as Melanurus are known for being fairly more boisterous than other wrasses and don’t tend to accept other sand sleepers easily.
Thank you!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back