Can Lugol’s Iodine dip and Reef Primer be mixed?

vaguelyreeflike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been struggling with brown jelly taking out a few of our euphylia at work, but not all of them when theyre all in the same spot on the rack. Its working away at one of our hammers and octospawns. The hammer seems beyond saving but the octo still has healthy heads.
The problem is our phosphates and calcium/alkilinity is too high (we’re switching the brand of salt as water changes were just raising everything else). Were waiting for a pump for a phos reactor to keep it steady.

In the mean time, can lugols iodine dip and reef primer be mixed together to be more effective? Or should separate dips be done? I tried to dip with FragRestore but that didnt seem to do much, if anything slowed it down a bit.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been struggling with brown jelly taking out a few of our euphylia at work, but not all of them when theyre all in the same spot on the rack. Its working away at one of our hammers and octospawns. The hammer seems beyond saving but the octo still has healthy heads.
The problem is our phosphates and calcium/alkilinity is too high (we’re switching the brand of salt as water changes were just raising everything else). Were waiting for a pump for a phos reactor to keep it steady.

In the mean time, can lugols iodine dip and reef primer be mixed together to be more effective? Or should separate dips be done? I tried to dip with FragRestore but that didnt seem to do much, if anything slowed it down a bit.
I don't have any direct experience with reef primer, but I would not mix any dips. Separate dips in multiple products should be ok.
Fwiw, Cipro has worked for many battling bjd.

OP
OP
vaguelyreeflike

vaguelyreeflike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any direct experience with reef primer, but I would not mix any dips. Separate dips in multiple products should be ok.
Fwiw, Cipro has worked for many battling bjd.
I have no clue how to get cipro, im in canada and meds are extremely limited. We do however have chemiclean, ive seen things about that?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back