Can someone identify this coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hads2524
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hads2524

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Uk
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1708A435-6569-4AF2-8D9A-7FC990ABE53C.jpeg
I bought this coral and I don’t know exactly what it is I thought it was pocillopora but not too sure
 
Is it hard or soft? If it’s hard coral, maybe Stylophora?

Otherwise, maybe colt coral?
 
Last edited:
I believe it is a hard coral
 
The light speckles of polyps on the inner parts of the skeleton remind me of pocillopora. Can you take a pic in white lights so it’s easier to see the skeleton and polyps?
 
Whites on picture will help. Too dark to be definite, but my guess is tree coral, sinularia maybe.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new