Can someone identify this LPS coral?

gfinan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2026
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Location
Lynchburg, Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See title. I was thinking it could be a trachyphyllia or lobophyllia. Any ideas?

IMG_20260629_213633.jpg IMG_20260629_213636.jpg IMG_20260629_213637.jpg
 
See title. I was thinking it could be a trachyphyllia or lobophyllia. Any ideas?

IMG_20260629_213633.jpg IMG_20260629_213636.jpg IMG_20260629_213637.jpg
To me I’d say it’s likely to be a Lobophyllia.

#ree#reefsquadone got any ideas?
 
Lobo!
 
Not Lobo guys, note flesh texture (though would need a better photo to tell for sure)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new