Canary blenny help!!!!

HonzGrewber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my canary(midas) blenny 2 weeks ago. He was doing fine. This morning I woke up to this. He's still breathing but is like this. Any suggestions? He's barely moving
20180331_094657.jpg

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More details please. Like what? Just dark in color? Is his tummy white? Got a better pic?

OP
OP
HonzGrewber

HonzGrewber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More details please. Like what? Just dark in color? Is his tummy white? Got a better pic?
His face is turning dark. His tummy has a white spot. He also just died he's on his side now floating on the bottom. Yesterday he was fine. Bright yellow no white. Did someone bite him or did he get sucked in my power head? During a cleaning he went in it when it was off and he sleeps next it. Should I get him out of the tank now?

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His face is turning dark. His tummy has a white spot. He also just died he's on his side now floating on the bottom. Yesterday he was fine. Bright yellow no white. Did someone bite him or did he get sucked in my power head? During a cleaning he went in it when it was off and he sleeps next it. Should I get him out of the tank now?
Yeah, sorry for your fish lose, if he is dead now then you need to remove him.

OP
OP
HonzGrewber

HonzGrewber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, sorry for your fish lose, if he is dead now then you need to remove him.
That sucks. Me and my daughter liked him. I just called Steve at Elmer's. We think maybe the wrasse or dottyback got to him at night.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know having a fish for 2 or 3 weeks weeks and then it dining sound more like a fish disease or parasite than a murder. Also it doesn't look beat up with torn tattered fins. Was it QT and treated prior to going into your display tank?

OP
OP
HonzGrewber

HonzGrewber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know having a fish for 2 or 3 weeks weeks and then it dining sound more like a fish disease or parasite than a murder. Also it doesn't look beat up with torn tattered fins. Was it QT and treated prior to going into your display tank?
I unfortunately dont have a qt tank. However after I got him out and inspected him. He appeared to have a bite mark in his belly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back